Senior Software Engineer (Ruby)
Published on March 16, 2023
Aircall is a place where voices are valued.
Backed by over $220 million of investment since 2015, we create technology that fuels accessible, transparent and collaborative communication to empower our base of 14,000+ customers (and growing) to make authentic, human connections.
Conversation is a cornerstone of our culture. Wherever our people find themselves in the Aircall world – Paris, New York, Sydney, Madrid, London, Berlin, Tel Aviv, or at home – everyone has a voice that is valued.
Whatever your background, wherever you’re from – we want you to join the conversation. Let’s talk.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, development, deployment, and operation of business-critical features of the Aircall product. Best practices, evangelization, and mentoring in your team and across the whole of Engineering will be part of your day to day job.
Quality, excellence, and agility drive our delivery processes and you will help us level these up. Using Typescript / NodeJS as part of a serverless architecture (AWS SAM) we use a number of additional AWS components (Lambda, SQS, SNS, S3, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Cognito to name a few), to deliver highly resilient, scalable services on top of voice and fully integrate with our customers’ business critical tools (CRM, Helpdesk, E-Commerce...).
Your mission @Aircall:
- Write clean scalable code using Typescript / Node.js, Ruby,and test and deploy applications and systems.
- Have key responsibilities within the requirements analysis, solution design, architecture, and end-to-end delivery of key modules in order to provide business solutions.
- Revise, update, refactor, and debug code (mostly Ruby).
- Be part of an engineering organization delivering high quality, secure, and scalable solutions to Aircall clients.
- Involvement in product and platform performance optimization and live site monitoring.
- Mentor team members.
A little more about you:
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in back-end development, preferably using a typed language (Typescript/Node.js, Java, Scala, C#), with a focus on delivering for security, scalability, availability, and performance.
- Previous solid experience with Ruby / Ruby On Rails.
- You will have worked extensively with AWS in a production environment, preferably for high volume / high availability services and understand how to design for, deploy on and get the best out of, the environment and services provided by Amazon (significant experience of similar components on GCP or Azure would also be suitable).
- Security is at the forefront of your mind in everything that you do.
- You are rigorous with code quality and other engineering best practices (testability, maintainability), and are accustomed to using systems such as Jira, Confluence, GitLab, GitHub, etc.
- Clean Code, Clean Architecture, Test Driven Development, Behaviour Driven Development and Continuous Integration/Deployment are the way you design, develop and release software.
- You possess effective and proactive communication skills, and can collaborate with different profiles and roles.
- You are used to working in Agile teams and look for and implement continuous improvement, but you also appreciate good process and quality assurance in mitigating risk and improving quality.
- You can provide technical leadership to manage debt and legacy code with business and technical risk mitigation
- You favor collaborative practices. You invest your technical and interpersonal experience to mentor juniors and include other engineers in your actions.
- You have experience in identifying, debugging and solving complex production issues.
Nice to have:
- Experience of Amazon Aurora on high volume / high throughput applications is a plus.
- A proven experience with Domain Driven Design would be a significant advantage
Aircall is constantly moving forward. We’re building new roads to complete our journey, and we’re taking people with us who have the same builder mentality.
Let’s grow together: Aircall is a place for those who dare to be bold and seek responsibility, excellence, and the opportunity to push themselves to new heights.
We’re creating a place where great people trust one another and thrive together.
People flourish at Aircall and now is the time to be part of the team and the journey we’re on.
Why join us?
🚀 Key moment to join Aircall in terms of growth and opportunities
💆♀️ Our people matter, work-life balance is important at Aircall
📚 Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit
🌍 45+ Nationalities: cosmopolite & multi-cultural mindset
💶 Competitive salary package & benefits
At Aircall, we believe diversity, equity and inclusion – irrespective of origins, identity, background and orientations – are core to our journey.
We pride ourselves on promoting active inclusion within our business to foster a strong sense of belonging for all. We’re working to create a place filled with diverse people who can enrich and learn from one another. We’re committed to ensuring that everyone not only has a seat at the table but is valued and respected at it by providing equal opportunities to develop and thrive.
We will constantly challenge ourselves to make sure that we live up to our ambitions around diversity, equity and inclusion, and keep this conversation open. Above all else, we understand and acknowledge that we have work to do and much to learn.
Want to know more about candidate privacy? Find our Candidate Privacy Notice here.