Senior Fullstack Engineer - AIOps Team - Portugal
Published on March 17, 2023
PagerDuty is seeking a Senior Fullstack Engineer to join our diverse, customer-centric technology company and be a part of our AIOps team.
As part of the AIOps team, you will work on new front-end features and enhancements, as well as backend services, with high visibility to our customers that will have a direct impact on PagerDuty’s revenue.
As a Senior Engineer at PagerDuty, you’ll be part of a team that’s intensely focused on our customers and the engineering community. We design, build, and run robust systems that extend and enhance our amazing products. Of course, we use our own products ourselves!
Established in late 2021, Lisbon, Portugal is PagerDuty’s second location in Europe, after London, UK, and with activity further bolstered by a sales team across the continent. Dutonians in Portugal are valued members of our global team, with equal access to competitive pay and benefits, learning and development programs, structured career architecture and opportunities for advancement, company culture events, and the enriching experience of collaborating with colleagues all around the world.
Based on the success of the region, we are excited to have expanded our presence in Europe with our Portugal location, along with now offering our customers a European hosting option for data assets, including customer-generated data.
We are thrilled to be a part of Portugal’s flourishing technology network and provide career-making moments at PagerDuty.
Overview of the Role
Do you relish the opportunity to design, build, and run mission-critical applications? Do you want to get the attention of hundreds of thousands of engineers and technology leaders around the globe 24/7 so they can fix problems? Yes? Then read on to find out more about what makes PagerDuty a great place to be an Engineer!
- From day one, you’ll be designing, coding, testing, and shipping APIs or backend applications and microservices that ensure we deliver secure, highly reliable, and scalable solutions to our customers.
- Coach, mentor, and help develop other engineers within your team and abroad.
- Learn and develop your backend engineering skills using Elixir.
- Bring a strong collaboration skill set and work with others both inside and outside engineering.
- We practice Chaos Engineering, so you’ll be involved in our Failure Friday sessions, where we deliberately break our systems, find weaknesses, and fix them proactively.
- With 14,000+ global customers and growing, you’ll be solving really interesting technical challenges while helping to scale our product to keep up with demand.
- Participating in an on-call rotation and triaging/addressing production issues as they arise.
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of development experience overall.
- Development experience working on customer-facing and web-based systems.
- Experience designing, building, and operating large systems with scalability, availability, and performance requirements.
- You have the drive to get results without letting anything get in your way and work autonomously when needed with a customer-first mindset and approach.
- You are a confident decision-maker
- Mastery of at least one web programming framework. Our tech stack includes Ruby on Rails and Phoenix/Elixir, but if you are proficient with another tech stack and willing to learn/flex to our stack, please apply!
- Experience with tools that ensure your high-quality work makes a smooth, automated, repeatable transition from your machine to our staging and production environments.
- Empathy - you can clearly communicate your thoughts and opinions to others and facilitate these technical discussions to a successful outcome.
- Commitment to ensuring our team works sustainably and inclusively. Read more about PagerDuty’s commitment to diversity & inclusion.
- Experience with agile (scrum, kanban, lean) delivery methodologies.
- Public cloud engineering on AWS (preferred), Azure, or GCP platforms.
- You are comfortable with loosely defined requirements where you exercise your analytical skills to clarify questions, share your approach, and collaborate with the rest of the team to build/test elegant solutions.
- You have the desire to stay ahead of the latest industry trends and technologies, a track record of sharing contributions to the wider engineering community, and a commitment to continuous learning.
We’re Particularly Interested In People Who
- Are full-stack engineers and comfortable working on the front end using React.
- Favour regular, incremental delivery over perfection.
- Strive for continuous learning and improvement for themselves and their teams.
- Are familiar with product-led growth.
PagerDuty is a global company focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working.
As a Dutonian, you can expect competitive pay and benefits; structured learning, development, and advancement; immersion in our award-winning company culture; and exceptional colleagues. PagerDuty currently has offices in Atlanta, Lisbon, London, San Francisco, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto, with remote opportunities in those countries and Chile. We offer a hybrid, flexible workplace, while also providing ample opportunities for connection in-person and virtually with your fellow Dutonians.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
One way we ensure our employees are inspired to do their best is through a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports them and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Flexible work arrangements
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid volunteer time off - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days & Midyear Wellness Week - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a leader in digital operations management. In an always-on world, organizations of all sizes trust PagerDuty to help them deliver a better digital experience to their customers, every time. Teams use PagerDuty to identify issues and opportunities in real time and bring together the right people to fix problems faster and prevent them in the future. Notable customers include Cisco, Genentech, Electronic Arts, Cox Automotive, Shopify, Zoom, DoorDash and more.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities.
PagerDuty is Great Place to Work-certified™, a Fortune Best Place to Work for Women, and a top rated product on TrustRadius and G2.
Go behind-the-scenes @pagerdutylife on Instagram.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. PagerDuty provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program