Published on March 21, 2023
It takes a special kind of person to build something new. It’s not for everyone -- the hours can be long and the work hard. But for those of you who love to build, stretch, and innovate you’ve found your new workplace. We pride ourselves on being customer obsessed, product led, and offer near endless growth for people who want to build.
AlphaSense is an AI-powered market intelligence search engine used by the largest and fastest-growing firms globally. Our mission is to democratize access to the world's most important content sets for market analysis. Our customers include 75% of the S&P 100, 70% of the top asset management firms, 76% of the leading consultancies, and the 20 largest pharmaceutical companies. AlphaSense helps knowledge professionals become dramatically more productive and gain an information edge by discovering critical data points and trends that others miss.
- Total of $525M+ in VC funding – Series D funded in Jun’22 with a valuation of $1.7B
- Trusted by 3,500+ enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500.
- 1000+ people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India
For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
Check out what we’ve built so far:
We are seeking a passionate Principal Engineer to build a rich and sleek search and collaboration application.
As a Principal Engineer, you should be comfortable with - and willing to work across - the entire stack. You will be setting up servers, building APIs, and working with HTML, CSS, and JS. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility. If you're familiar with Agile methodologies and energetic, with a 'roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes' attitude, we’d like to meet with you.
- More than 8 years of relevant experience
- Experience and passion for system architecture design
- Willingness to take on roles and responsibilities outside your comfort zone to get the job done
- Strong knowledge of Performance optimization and caching techniques
- Strong Object Oriented Programming concepts, data structure, and algorithms
- Good experience with databases and Schema design
- Understanding of security-related concepts/concerns within a full-stack web application.
- Strong coding skills in Python/Ruby/Erlang/Java
- Big data tools like Hadoop etc
- Search platforms like Solr, Elasticsearch, Sphinx, etc.
- NoSQL databases like MongoDB, CouchDB etc.
- Build new server and data processing infrastructure to help customers handle an ever-increasing amount of data
- Work with the product management team, understand requirements and translate them into functioning products
- Strong individual contribution as a developer writing high-quality programs
- Ensure engineering excellence and rigor in architecture, execution, and delivery
- Take responsibility for the performance and stability of all server functions
What we offer:
- Playing a part in the story of a fast-growing company
- Competitive compensation package
- Interesting career opportunities and training
- Very highly skilled colleagues
- Lunch and recreational benefits
- Occupational health care
Want to hear more?
You can apply by sending your cover letter and resume through the application form.
For more information, please contact Kavita Nair on LinkedIn or by mobile at +91 8261940966 or by email: [email protected]