SR Software Engineer (Marketplace)
Published on March 21, 2023
Provi is innovating the 240-billion dollar alcohol industry—do you want to be part of something game-changing? We were a hungry team in 2016 when we started and we’re still a hungry team, living our values—Host, Serve, Deliver and Celebrate—every day. We make sure that as the company grows, our people grow too and we’d love to have you on board.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. But guess what? No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. Trust your experience and apply!
Provi is looking for a skilled and passionate Senior Software Engineer - Marketplace to help us scale existing systems as well as create new ones as we pursue aggressive growth in the US market.
We are a small group of highly capable engineers who value autonomy, good judgment, and timely execution in our peers. We work hard to strike the careful balance of delivering high-quality products rapidly that are also well-architected and sustainable long term.
Our products are delivered and evaluated iteratively with a singular focus on finding the very best out comes or our users and their business.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborating with a team of top engineers on the design and architecture of new green-field systems to support our Marketplace Core. Marketplace is our core user-facing offering.
- Deliver testable, maintainable and high-quality code and take operational responsibility for the components that you develop.
- Working closely with our product team and UI/UX designers to design, implement, and test improved product experiences.
- Help maintain our automated operations infrastructure on a modern AWS stack (Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins).
- Find creative solutions to problems at scale in our fast-growing business.
- Working 100% remote from anywhere in the US or with your colleagues at our Chicago offices.
What we are looking for:
- A 5 + years software engineer with experience developing web applications at scale (Ruby, Rails) in the cloud (AWS) as part of a remote team.
- Experience in iterative design and creation of modern software systems, including flexible application architectures, refactoring, and test-driven development.
- Collaborative and a team-first player who sees the value in pairing and mobbing and can also work independently
- Value having fun, staying positive, and learning new things, and enjoy working closely together with your team to bring value to your partners.
- Proud about what you do, and have a high interest in keeping up with current standard methodologies in your areas of expertise
What you can do at Provi:
Make an impact: Work directly with the management team to help grow the business.
Find your groove and grow: Provi keeps growing and you should too. Expand your skill set, diversify your experience and develop along with us.
Enjoy competitive benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K with match, Commuter Perks, Long/Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Unlimited PTO and ½ day Fridays in the Summer.
Flexibility at work: We are remote first but have a great office in downtown Chicago for employees to use.
Be a part of something big: Join a dynamic and innovative team that is working to change a major industry.
Provi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.