Engineering Manager (Remote, UK only)
Published on March 29, 2023
Bookwhen is a flexible and affordable booking solution that's used by thousands of customers worldwide. The businesses we work with range from yoga and fitness to alpaca walks and children's activities. They all make our world a more colourful place and helping our customers turn their passion into a business is our biggest motivator. Our small team is made up of passionate and autonomous people with an entrepreneurial mindset. We're a group of creative thinkers focussed on quality, excellence and collaboration.
- Full time
- Remote (within the UK)
- Starting ASAP
About Us 👋
Bookwhen is a flexible booking platform, operating across multiple verticals, serving thousands of customers worldwide.
Our mission is to help our customers get on with what they love by providing frictionless tools to help them succeed. We're working on providing value through product innovation, with a clear focus on growth.
What’s the job?
You will be joining a team of five awesome engineers. The introduction of a hands-on manager, with a strong track record in product or SaaS (or both) will enable us to consolidate and expand the team.
Focused delivery of well scoped projects, and helping with the evolution of the core system are the initial key goals.
We have ambitious plans and will continue with our product led focus, with customer-centric metric driven decision making being key.
Why work at Bookwhen?
Initially founded in Oxford, UK, we’re a remote-first business, giving our team flexibility in their location. We meet in person at least two times a year and strongly emphasise a genuine work-life balance.
We’re a team of passionate and hardworking people who believe in the value of what we bring to our customers. We’re also a social, friendly bunch who love to chat and support each other.
- Drive and passion.
- Experience with product or SaaS growth.
- Modern tooling and infrastructure experience.
- Senior Ruby developer transitioning off the IC track.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
- A good balance of engineering architecture and product design.
- Annual leave - 38 days per year. Bank holidays are treated as normal days. December 25th to 31st are mandatory days off.
- Enhanced paternity and maternity pay.
- Budget for co-working spaces and office equipment.
- 14 weeks full sick pay plus 14 weeks half pay.
- Company away days.
- Budget for cafe visits each month.
- Budget for training and conferences.
- Up to 5 unused holiday days to be carried over to the next year.
- An annual allowance for attending Bookwhen-hosted classes and courses.
- 4-week sabbatical paid at 50% of your salary after 3 years of service.
- Monthly well-being budget.
- Annual paid charity day.
Our Diversity, Equality and Inclusion policy:
Bookwhen is proudly an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.