Solutions Engineer, Ruby on Rails
Published on April 02, 2023
Chronograph was founded to bring next-generation technology to private capital markets. Our innovative data management and analytics solutions help private capital investors – including many of the world’s largest foundations, endowments, venture capitalists, and private equity firms – streamline portfolio monitoring, reporting, and diligence.
Chronograph was founded to bring next-generation technology to private capital markets. Through our suite of cloud-based analytics and data management solutions, we help many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated venture capital, private equity, and credit funds understand their investment performance in unprecedented detail, with over $19 trillion of AUM monitored via our solution suite.
At Chronograph, we get to go “behind the scenes” and work directly with investors who are driving some of the most impactful changes across high growth start-ups, global infrastructure and renewable energy, growth equity, and all other private capital strategies. The firm is backed by The Carlyle Group, Nasdaq Inc., and Summit Partners, and has seen continuous rapid growth since its founding in 2016.
Bring your expertise to a highly collaborative, creative, and innovative team with a market-leading technology product suite. We are seeking a highly motivated Solutions Engineer team to help own and scale an emerging, and critical, function.
You will work closely with stakeholders to bridge the gap between the client experience & Chronograph technology team, with a focus on integration strategy, technical configuration, technical troubleshooting and client support. This position will be part of the engineering team with real time collaboration with Client Services and broader engagement across the organization. The imperative is to deliver an exceptional level of service to clients while helping to establish an emerging function within the business.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a driven, detail-oriented top performer to become directly engaged with several of the world’s most sophisticated private equity investors and produce immediate impact within a globally-focused financial technology firm.
Even if you do not meet all criteria, we would still encourage you to apply! Chronograph offers an entrepreneurial environment where you will be able to proactively identify opportunities to develop and strengthen our Solutions Engineering function.
As a Senior Analyst focused on Solutions Engineering at Chronograph, you will:
- Support clients in all aspects of technical configuration, including client Single Sign-On (SAML) integrations, API queries, xConnect (Excel plug-in) installation and troubleshooting, Snowflake questions and similar
- Educate clients on core foundational concepts in leveraging Chronograph’s GraphQL and Snowflake APIs
- Collaborate on optimal integration strategies to meet reporting and analysis use cases
- Craft detailed and informative written documentation to support client education (how to guides, FAQs) within Chronograph HelpCenter
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- Familiarity with modern programming and software development best practices
- Robust understanding of relational databases, and preferably experience with PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of Ruby and Ruby on Rails, and/or ActiveRecord. Familiarity with Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) is a plus
- Experience working with GraphQL APIs
- Background using monitoring tools like AWS CloudWatch and Datadog
- Experience with and/or substantial interest in database technologies, including Snowflake
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Initiative - this is a new and emerging function within Chronograph and we are seeking a motivated individual to take ownership of a critical division
Why Join Chronograph?
We value creativity, open communication, cutting edge technology, striving for excellence in all things – and having fun along the way. We want you to be happy here for the long-term.
- Flexible work arrangements (including remote / in person / hybrid)
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited and flexible vacation
- Generous health benefits
- Fully-paid parental leave
- ...and more!
Chronograph is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive culture, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Salary Range: $80,000 - $100,000 USD (dependent on experience)