Full Stack Developer
Published on April 02, 2023
Knowledge sharing lies at the heart of StellarUp, we believe that it is sharing experiences and knowledge that drives progress. Originally started as a platform for managing scalable and measurable mentoring programs, StellarUp develops cutting edge Ecosystem Technology with the aim to revolutionise the relationship between Participating members and organisations as well as employer-employee relationships, and we work across many different industries from Financial services to Government. StellarUp's digital software solutions offer a unique approach to Community engagement and knowledge sharing between members
StellarUp’s digital software solutions offer a unique approach to Community engagement and knowledge sharing between members – through Mentoring, coaching or online learning. Originally started as a data-driven platform for managing scalable and measurable Mentoring programs, StellarUp has evolved into a solution supporting complex learning Ecosystems. We work across many different industries from financial services to government
With our white-label Saas solution, we are able to provide Networks, Communities, Organizations and Ecosystems of all sizes a digital home that adds real value. We offer a space dedicated to sharing knowledge and experience. We believe that to make a difference in this world we should inwardly reflect on what we can share, teach or learn from others and collaborate to deliver change.
We are hiring another experienced Ruby on Rails Developer to join our CTPO and the development team in further building our development team, managing and supporting the existing product codebase, owning new development projects and contributing to the future Product Development roadmap.
What does the StellarUp Product team do?
StellarUp is a rapidly growing Saas solution offering a digital home for any organisation building an Ecosystem of learning and development. Our solution is built in Ruby on Rails, and our team currently consists of the CTPO, a data scientist and a small team of developers. It's now time to grow further! As the next developer to join the team, you will head straight into the production of integrations and modules, and from there take increasing ownership of the codebase, providing technical support for existing users in conjunction with our Customer Success team. You will also help to define development processes and the build strategy moving forward. Plenty of development work keeps you busy as we build towards a v2 product.
How will you spend your days?
- Start the day with a quick standup to discuss progress and prioritisation
- Provide timely technical support for our existing and rapidly growing customer base
- Scoping, prioritising and developing new features and modules from our development backlog
- Develop an effective testing strategy
- Working closely with the CTPO to define the strategic development roadmap for the product and helping to ensure we deliver a scalable product
- Working closely with the Customer Support team to ensure we are delivering the best support possible
- Helping build a complete set of technical documentation
Some of the skills you’ll need to bring with you:
- A sound understanding of Ruby on Rails (a minimum of 3 years professional experience) – we are currently on Rails 6.1 and Ruby 2.6 and simply love the all-new features
- Development knowledge of MySQL – our CTPO will act as DBA for now
- Of course, you’ll need a working knowledge of HTML, CSS
- We host everything in AWS so an understanding of EC2 and S3 will be advantageous
- RESTful APIs – we love connections and integrations
- Additional experience that will help include Ubuntu, CarrierWave, MiniMagick
How you will stand out in a crowd!
- You love working with people and get your energy from helping others do great things
- You have at least three year’s experience as a Ruby on Rails developer
- You have a logical brain and love to solve challenging development problems
- You can work remotely and have no problem self-managing