Senior Software Engineer
Published on April 03, 2023
The Sales Team at Angi is built with individuals that have the ability to forge ahead but our superpower lies in our ability to unite as a team. If one person fails, the team fails. With every success, the team celebrates. It is this camaraderie that makes Angi unique.
Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professionals and employees to feel right at “home.” For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
About the team
We use software to scale by amplifying each person's ability--both within Angi and on our marketplace. As we scale out the business, the software we rely on becomes more complex. We are proactively investing in reducing that complexity and improving our cycle time. The Foundation engineering team will work hand-in-hand with all of engineering at Angi to simplify our technical solutions and keep us shipping quality products faster.
What you'll do
- Explore and implement new technology/solutions to evolve Angi's system architecture
- Introduce simpler solutions to common product engineering challenges
- Rethink existing solutions to isolate and remove "hot spots" in systems and code
- Upgrade dependencies to create a uniform technical stack
- Bridge the gap between the application and the infrastructure team
- Educate the broader teams on tools, techniques, updates, and enhancements
Who you are
- Most importantly, you are someone who is passionate about developer quality of life and tooling. You are excited to take on a broad problem space related to developer efficiency and reduce it to highly impactful and iteratively-built solutions.
- Strong software engineer with at least 5+ years of hands-on development experience
- Well-versed in at least one OO language: Ruby, Java, etc.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field
- Knowledge of or interest in recent infrastructure technologies
- Ability to work with and effectively communicate across multiple technical and non-technical teams
- Willingness to learn and apply new skills and technologies
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary band for this position ranges from $140,000 - $185,000, commensurate with experience and performance
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world