Director of Product (Remote)
Published on April 04, 2023
AllTrails is the most trusted and used outdoors platform in the world. We help people explore the outdoors with hand-curated trail maps along with photos, reviews, and user recordings crowdsourced from our community of millions of registered hikers, mountain bikers and trail runners in 150 countries. AllTrails is frequently ranked as a top-5 Health and Fitness app and has been downloaded by over 30 million people worldwide.
Director of Product
AllTrails is the most trusted and used outdoors platform in the world. We help people explore the outdoors with hand-curated trail maps along with photos, reviews, and user recordings crowdsourced from our community of millions of registered hikers, mountain bikers, and trail runners in 150 countries. AllTrails is frequently ranked as a top-5 Health and Fitness app and has been downloaded by over 50 million people worldwide.
AllTrails is looking for a Director of Product to help drive momentum and impact through product development. Reporting directly to the CPO, you will be the second most senior product leader at the company. This hands-on role will partner closely with product managers, designers, researchers, engineers, marketers, and the C-suite to uncover new ways of scaling AllTrails through product-driven growth.
Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems so that we can get more people outside having healthy, authentic experiences and a deeper appreciation of the outdoors. Join us!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Building, coaching, and growing a world-class product team
- Being a voice of our users and empathizing with their needs
- Developing product strategy based on market research, customer feedback, business needs, and closely collaborating with Engineering, Design, Data Science, and Product Marketing
- Defining success metrics and continuously evaluating whether our initiatives are creating value for our customers and our business
- Driving the product planning process, developing product roadmaps, and building alignment cross-functionally and with the executive team
- Ensuring on-time, high-quality delivery of our product roadmap
- Continuously improving the product development process in partnership with key stakeholders
- Striving to clarify and simplify our product narrative in partnership with Product Marketing
- Communicating and maintaining the vision, strategy, and roadmap for AllTrails’ current and future products
- 10+ years of experience building high quality consumer-facing products people love
- 5+ years of experience building and leading world-class Product Management teams
- An exceptional people manager who finds joy in building, coaching, and mentoring your team
- Ability to drive execution in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with a bias for action
- Expert communication skills, including the ability to persuade and inspire
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Detail-oriented and hand-on approach
- Cross-functional team player with a track record of building positive relationships, and influencing without authority
- Humility, empathy and open-mindedness
- Passion for the outdoors
- Passion for the outdoors
- Familiarity with AllTrails and/or fitness apps to connect and track activities
- Experience working at a tech company during rapid growth
What We Offer:
- A competitive and equitable compensation plan. This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- Physical & mental well-being including health, dental and vision benefits.
- Trail Days: First Friday of each month to hit the trails!
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible parental leave
- Annual continuing education stipend
- Discounts on subscriptions and merchandise for you and your friends & family
- An authentic investment in you as a human being and your career as a professional
Nature celebrates you just the way you are and so do we! At AllTrails we’re passionate about nurturing an inclusive workplace that values diversity. It’s no secret that companies that are diverse in background, age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be more successful. We’re focused on creating an environment where everyone can do their best work and thrive.