Published on April 07, 2023
We’re a little odd, we know. We’re a new type of agency transforming government digital services. Our team is full of experienced engineers, product and project managers, and other commercial tech professionals who love bringing scalable solutions to life as much as they love working with clients to solve problems. It’s this rare combination that makes us so good at what we do.
Oddball believes that the best products are built when engineers understand and value the things they are working on. We value learning and growth and the ability to make a big impact at a small company. We believe that we can make big changes happen and improve the daily lives of millions of people by bringing quality software to the federal space.
What we’re looking for is a Full stack engineer with experience developing, testing and debugging new moderately complex software solutions or enhancements to existing software in a maintenance capacity, and is committed to delivering and improving quality services to the Veterans Administration and the entire Veterans community. Need to have an understanding and desire to discover the existing business application and how it works.
Our engineering team is distributed, and largely asynchronous. We value a calm, collected environment where you can focus on doing great work. Aside from a couple of weekly check-ins or project updates, you'll be able to work interruption-free.
What you'll be doing:
Working hand in hand with other engineers in developing end-to-end testing solutions and API endpoints and services. Day to day work will involve writing code, developing tests, and debugging. Room for growth to work on various applications and teams within the Platform as we continue to expand and grow.
We are looking for someone with the following skill set:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 4+ years of experience
- 4+ years experience working with Rails
- 3+ years experience with a front end JS framework (preferable React)
- The ability to write code that is a pleasure for other engineers to read and understand
- The ability to speak and write in terms that non-developers can understand clearly, whether it be in a conference call, blog post or support email
- A solid understanding of API design and how backend systems work
- Experience with all phases of the software development lifecycle - from gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements to creating application system models
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and take initiative in performing tasks.
- Team player must be able to work professionally and collaboratively with the government customer and other contract members of the project team.
This is a full time, remote position. Oddball offers a tech and continuing education stipend. This role requires the ability to obtain a low level security clearance.
Oddball is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact an Oddball HR representative to request such an accommodation by emailing [email protected].