Staff Software Engineer
Who We Are
Red Canary was founded to create a world where every organization can make its greatest impact without fear of cyber threats. We’re a cyber security company who protects, supports and empowers organizations to make better security decisions so they can focus on their mission without fear of cyber threats.
The combination of our market-defining technology and expertise prevents breaches every day and sets a new standard for partnership in the industry. We’re united in our commitment to customers and grounded in our values, which earned us a place on the Forbes Best Start-up Employers 2022 list. If our mission resonates with you, let’s talk.
What We Believe In
- Do what’s right for the customer
- Be kind and authentic
- Deliver great quality
- Be relentless
Challenges You Will Solve
The Red Canary engineering team builds and operates the platform and products that deliver unmatched threat detection and response! We process billions of events per day from hundreds of thousands of systems worldwide. Every engineer is empowered to make a difference for our customers with unique opportunities to learn new technology and tackle the hardest problems in cybersecurity.
You are passionate about applying your technical expertise to quickly ship an MVP based on requirements. You collaborate with your team and seek feedback internally and from customers in order to refine and improve your deliverables.. You’re comfortable diving into large and complex applications that serve hundreds of customers. You understand and leverage proven software development patterns, and also recognize when patterns may require improvements or refactoring.
We are searching for a Staff Software engineer to join us in building the Red Canary platform and its supporting products. We push product enhancements to production multiple times a day, so on day one you will be making security better for a large number of organizations. Our customers depend on us 24/7 and the software you build makes a meaningful difference to improve their security. In this role you may work remote or hybrid from our Denver office.
What You'll Do
- Continuously ship quality product by writing well organized, testable and scalable code
- Develop and launch new features and product enhancements as part of a Product team
- Support products and applications that operate in a 24x7 production environment
- Write clear and concise documentation; share knowledge internally and across teams
- Collaborate with Product Management and lead major feature design and implementation from concept to shipping
What You'll Bring
- Staff Engineers typically have 10+ years of experience but we will consider applicants with 6+ years of relevant experience.
- 6+ years of experience shipping high-quality SaaS products and features
- Accountability and ownership of product features from concept to launch
- Tendency to raise the bar, going the extra mile drive improvement and delight our customers
- Expert level experience with Ruby on Rails (or similar web stack - Java/Spring or C#/.NET)
- Strong subject matter expertise in public cloud (AWS/Azure), database technologies and container orchestration
- Confidence making architectural design decisions that improve scalability & performance
- Passion for automated software testing to ensure we deliver the highest quality products
Targeted base salary range: $175,000 - $205,000 + bonus eligibility and equity depending on experience.
Why Red Canary?
Red Canary is where people embody our mission to improve security outcomes for all. People work hard to maintain a culture that encourages authenticity in order to do your best work. Our people are driven and committed to finding the best security outcomes, delivering real and actionable answers, and being transparent along the way.
At Red Canary, we offer a very rich benefits program to our full-time team members so they can focus on their families and improving our customers’ security. For a full list of benefits, please review our Benefits Summary:
Individuals seeking employment at Red Canary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.