Mid/Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
Shiftcare is the fastest growing start-up in it's industry and is redefining the way Aged Care and Disability Services are delivered in Australia, New Zealand and the USA.
Working within a growing team as the business continues to scale, you will be given the task of building performant, scalable, and sustainable backend application architecture and software.
- Work with the technology team in the adoption and maintenance of modern (agile) software engineering practices
- Build technical integrations with third party vendors
- Support critical technology incidents as needed
- Work in technology architecture, scalability, security and performance initiatives
- Deliver high quality hands-on engineering work inline with the companies commercial objectives
- Mentor other platform engineers and team members
- Track and drive to completion all of the platform focus group's deliverables
- Work within defined project management guidelines and security best practice
- Contribute technology inputs to product team and roadmap discussions
- Be the champion of delivering scalable, robust, commercially viable technology outcomes for the company
- Become a cultural change agent within the technology group to focus on engineering best-in-breed, commercially viable technology outcomes for the business
- Minimum 3 year’s industry experience with Ruby on Rails development deploying scalable Rails API & applications
- 5+ years experience in any Web Development fields
- Identifying bottlenecks, optimizing and profiling web applications using NewRelic and related tools
- Develop and maintain specs using Rspec, Jest and e2e preferably Cypress
- Experience in creating APIs
- Good understanding of pair programming and in pair code reviews
- Working proficiently in relational databases
- Have worked in teams of 3 or more developers
- Experience and understanding of CI/CD tools such as CircleCI
- Experience deploying scalable cloud solutions on AWS
- Experience working within Agile environments (Scrum/Kanban)
- Basic experience working with frontend frameworks such as Vuejs.
- DevOps skills a bonus
- Confident and autonomous
- You write performant, scalable, efficient code
- You take pride in your work
- You have good (written/verbal) communication skills and contribute regularly to architectural and team discussions
- You aren’t afraid of making and learning from mistakes
- You share and communicate your knowledge with the team
- TDD and BDD by default
- Some knowledge/interest in other technologies we use - Vuejs, React native, serverless
ShiftCare is progressive in its thinking of staff wellbeing & interest and as such we offer:
- Competitive base salary 🤩
- Floating public holiday 🏝 - You can choose to work public holidays and use that day another time in the year.
- Flexible working hours and location 🧑💻 - We value work-life balance, you’re free to work where you want, when you want.
- Great community 🤝 - Regular lunch and learn events, opportunities for presenting at webinars and networking through t.
- TGIF events 🍕 - Friday drinks & pizzas and pitches from other startups within the Sydney startup ecosystem.
Are you based in Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane? In fact ANYWHERE in Australia? We are offering fully remote work opportunities!!!