Are you looking to have an impact on the daily life of millions of entrepreneurs in France and Europe?
Do you thrive in a trustful, fast-paced environment?
Then Pennylane might be the right place for you — and you, might be the perfect fit for this role 🙂
We aim to become the most beloved financial Operating System of European SMEs.
We help business owners get rid of the time consuming hassle of handling accounting and finance, while giving them access to key information that they can use to make better decisions.
Meanwhile, we’re helping accountants. By using Pennylane, rather than doing manual and repetitive tasks, they can spend more time advising and guiding their clients.
Pennylane is one of the fastest growing Fintechs in France (and soon to be in Europe!)
In 3 years of existence, we’ve managed to :
💻 Make ourselves known as a groundbreaking accounting and financial software for small businesses and their accountants
💰 Raise a total of €84 millions, including from Sequoia 🌲, the famous fund from the Silicon Valley who invested early in companies like Google, Facebook, Airbnb, Stripe, Paypal and much more...
👨👩👧👦 Grow from 7 cofounders to 300+ happy Pennylaners : we’re now recognized as one of the greatest places to work in France (but also remotely), with a 5/5 rating on Glassdoor
and an e-NPS of 94.
🌍 Build an international environment with more than 26 nationalities, with a strong remote-friendly culture, where 30% of the employees are already working from all parts of Europe
WHY this position is of utmost importance to reach our mission
While some companies count on marketing and sales to gain market share, we are a product-led company and we are investing primarily on building an innovative and scalable platform. Tech teams have a crucial role to play to achieve this goal.
HOW you will contribute to the company as a Engineering Manager
The tech team is divided into ∼20 squads. Each squad is composed of 4-8 developers, is led by a Software Engineering Team Lead in a collaboration with a Product Manager and a Product Designer.
Squads are organised into 2 product tracks: Accounting and SME, having around 10 squads in each track. Each track is managed by two engineering managers. Overall, you'll become a part of a 140+ people Tech organisation.
As an Engineering Manager on the track level, you'll be working closely with a Lead Product Manager and Product Design Manager, as well as collaborating with other Engineering Managers.
WHAT you can expect from your life at Pennylane
Within one month :
- You will learn everything about our company, our teams, and our vision during the first onboarding week.
- You will follow the common tech onboarding trainings to get familiar with the application, the accounting concepts, and our coding practices.
- You'll collaborate with the product manager to make sure our standards in terms of quality and efficiency are respected, but also that there is a good mood present and the everybody is fulfilled with their job.
- You'll start identifying our developers' key strengths and areas of improvement to help them grow.
- You'll collaborate with the other Engineering Managers to set up the appropriate process as the team grows.
Within 3-6 months :
- You will be comfortable within your track perimeter, people and best practices.
- You'll be able to provide leadership within the senior tech community at Pennylane.
- You'll be able to identify our senior community developers' key strengths and areas of improvement to help them grow.
- You will have the possibility to have impact at Pennylane scale by working on cross teams or transversal initiatives.
- You will participate in scaling the Pennylane application from 10k+ customers to infinity, and beyond.
What do we do to make your work life easier
🏢 You'll be able to work remotely from anywhere in Europe, as long as your contract allows you to
💵 You’ll have a compensation package
📈 You'll get company shares to enjoy a piece of the success story you're building with us
🏡 You’ll have a budget to turn your home into a more comfortable workspace, as well as a monthly allowance to work from a coworking space whenever you feel like it
⛹️Through our partner Gymlib, you’ll have access to 8000 fitness spaces in Europe and more than 300 activities related to wellness
🇬🇧 You’ll have access to Busuu
to perfect your english or your french
💻 You’ll get the latest Apple equipment
🎉 You’ll be part of a vibrant social community : we do lots of sports together (Foot, running, climbing...), we love to hang out and have a drink together (Thursday afterwork drinks on our rooftop is a usual thing. Twice-a-year we do company seminars, last time we went on a trip to the French Alps and it was fabulous !)
And.. If you're based in France :
🏢 You’ll be able to work fully from your home or any co-working space in France, or from our wonderful office in the center of Paris
🏝You’ll get 10 additional days off (to the 25 standard ones) to rest and do what you love each year
🍜 You’ll have lunch credits (Swile card) to buy your favorite food every day
🏥 You’ll have a great healthcare cover (Alan Blue) to take care of yourself and your family
We're working on providing those last advantages to our people based outside of France as well, but it can be quite more complex depending on different countries.
What does the recruitment process look like ?
- You will first have a general chat with a Talent Acquisition Manager (30 min)
- You'll have a call with Charlene, our HRBP to discuss management career path and answer any questions on career opportunities (30 mins)
- You’ll have a live coding session with Quentin de Metz , our CTO and Co-founder (45 minutes)
- You’ll have a Case Study based on our product with Tancrede, CPO and Co-founder and a Product Manager (1 h)
- You’ll have a meeting with other Engineering Managers and Thierry, Lead Developer and Co-founder(45 mins)
We make sure we move fast ; you can expect the recruitment process with us to last between 15 and 25 days in total.
Who are we looking for ?
You may have noticed that there was no section listing the skills or qualities required to apply for this specific job. Researches have shown that some people are less likely to apply than others, if they don’t feel like they meet the full list of criteria. So we have decided to take it down entirely.
We have tried to give you as much details as we could about the purpose, missions and environment of this role; it is now up to you to tell us if you think this is a position in which you could a) have fun and b) bring value to our company.
If you’re hesitating, we encourage you to apply anyway: worst case scenario, you might lose a few minutes, and in the best case, it will be the start of a meaningful and long-lasting collaboration.
We also want to emphasise that we fully embrace diversity and that we’re doing our best to create a safe and inclusive environment. We are committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of gender, sexual orientation, origin, disabilities, or any other traits that make you who you are. If anything, diversity makes us a more fun place to work at.
To end with a humble illustration of our commitment, we’ve recently signed the Pacte Parité
to set concrete goals in building a better and more inclusive workplace in the years to come.