Junior Full-Stack Developer (Remote) - Ruby on Rails
Published on April 08, 2023
Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn - valued at over $1 billion. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small to medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We've grown 100% year on year since inception, and expanded globally in late 2020. We now service over 80,000 businesses and we will continue to grow rapidly in 2022 and beyond.
Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn - valued at over $1.25 billion. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small and medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We’ve grown 100% year-on-year since our inception in 2014, and now service over 200,000 businesses and 1 million + active users globally. We have exciting growth plans for 2023 and beyond, powered by our mission of making employment easier and more valuable for everyone.
We take a Remote First approach with our team. Employment Hero can hire across the world, so long as candidates have eligible working rights and are in a suitable timezone to their colleagues. If you’ve got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you!
We don't mind if you live in Vietnam, Indonesia or anywhere across Southeast Asia, if you've got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you!
Employment Hero celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences, we invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.
About the role
Being the heartbeat of our engineering team, this Full-stack Developer role will be developing product features and collaborating with colleagues in design, product and engineering while taking ownership of writing automated tests for your production codes. You will be honing essentials tech stacks such as Ruby on Rails and ReactJS with our cutting-edge technologies and dabble in a wide array of products and features.
On your first day, we'll expect:
- You are a mindful Full-Stack developer, passionate about learning new technologies
- You have good understanding of data structures, algorithms and object oriented programming
- You have basic knowledge of database
- You respect and challenge your peers
- You welcome being challenged
- You have good communication skills in Vietnamese and English
- A team player that always puts colleagues ahead of yourself and has a highly adaptable and versatile approach to work.
- You are passionate about learning, respect, challenge your peers and welcome being challenged
Nice to haves
- Experience in or willing to learn Ruby on Rails
- Experience in or willing to learn ReactS
- You have experience writing unit tests
- Experience in AWS
- Great starting salaries for our junior engineers.
- This is a fully remote position for anyone within Vietnam, we provide your laptop and other equipment to get you set up, plus an allowance for other items to get your desk ready
- We have flexible working time - as most of our developers are based in Vietnam you’ll be working local business hours, Monday to Friday
- Fully compliant with the Vietnam Labor Code, with Social Security based on full salary
- 20 days vacation leave, plus 1 Leisure Rules day a year
- Private healthcare package for you (plus spouse + children)
- Budgets towards continuing your learning and other generous allowances
- International annual company conference (Last conference we went to Phuket, Thailand!)
- Refer friends to open jobs and receive a cash bonus for every successful referral you make
- Participate in our Employee Share Options Program - you’ll be a part owner of Employment Hero
Why join Employment Hero?
- Raised $181M achieving unicorn status February 2022
- LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
- The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
- Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
- Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
- LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
- Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
- Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
- GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
- HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
- HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
- HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
- LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018