Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Ruby engineers at Sensor Tower apply their creativity and backend experience to create meaningful, actionable data products and insights about mobile apps.
This role focuses on designing, implementing, and optimizing performant and scalable solutions to manage our high volume data pipelines. As our data is central to the Sensor Tower product, this is a high impact role. Backend Ruby developers at Sensor Tower serve as force multipliers for all of our engineering teams by ensuring easy access to data for all, scaling our system to enable the development of more sophisticated features, and implementing widely used tooling.
Recent examples of such impactful projects include:
- ~10x scaling of data science processing jobs, enabling us to generate more granular mobile app analytics breakdowns
- Migrating high volume data from MongoDB to ClickHouse for blazing fast, simpler, more generalizable querying
- Designing an ETL pipeline to provide easy-to-ingest data (for both customers and internal analysts) backed in Snowflake
- Managing actionable events and notifications driven by newly ingested data
We are a fully distributed, remote first company.
What You Will Do
- Develop and optimize high performance data aggregation and analysis pipelines in Sidekiq at scale (1,000+ concurrent worker instances)
- Scale our system to simply and efficiently process even higher volumes of data
- Accelerate the development of other engineers by providing easy access to data and internal developer tooling
- Fully own your work through the development lifecycle of our core platform, including design, implementation, quality, release, and monitoring
Experience We Want To See
- You’re an experienced software developer who has paid, professional experience shipping software to customers
- You have a high degree of proficiency working in Ruby on Rails
- You enjoy working on complex, data driven projects and have worked with MongoDB (or other NoSQL DBs) and preferably ClickHouse, Druid, Pinot or similar OLAP databases
- Strong foundation in applying your programming, algorithms, and software application design skillset to build performant systems
- Exposure to working with databases, data pipelines and distributed data at scale
- Solid understanding of RESTful systems and the principles of good API design
About Sensor Tower
Sensor Tower is a high-growth SaaS company that provides accurate, comprehensive, and customizable mobile market economy analytics to app developers, game developers, industry analysts and investors. Founded in 2013, Sensor Tower has grown from a $1M seed investment to being profitable and in 2020 we received a $42M growth investment from Riverwood Capital.
Why Sensor Tower?
Our flexible work environment allows employees to live in greater connection with the people, places, and activities they love!
Our benefits include:
- Flexible time off so employees can shape their time away from work.
- Health and wellness stipend to achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle through physical and mental fitness.
- Monthly internet stipend and a one-time $500 home office stipend.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, and veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need, please do not hesitate to let us know and we'll do our best to accommodate.