What is Pathrise?
Pathrise (YC W18) connects job seekers across North America to world class industry mentorship and career coaching to help them land a new career. The program is free upfront and our customers pay us back when they’re hired.
Built around aligned incentives, we help build equity in the job search process by providing 1-on-1 mentorship, training, and a platform to uplift job seekers and ultimately, help them fulfill their hopes, ambitions, and livelihoods. We’ve already helped more than a thousand fellows land meaningful jobs, and helped them earn over $100M in salary.
In 2022 we raised our Series B and there is even more exciting growth on the horizon. That year we expanded from 6 to 14 industries, launched a tiered pricing system with differentiated product offerings, and much more.
Our Mission 🚀
Our mission is to help people everywhere build their careers by being the world’s best career agency.
We believe the job search system is broken and can be fixed with a business model that acts on behalf of the job seeker, instead of on behalf of employers, recruiters, or schools. If this sounds interesting to you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Read more about our mission in our manifesto
We’re looking to grow our product and engineering team to help build the next generation of our platform. In this role, you’ll work side-by-side with our CTO and product team to design, architect, and launch complex new features and systems with a special focus on crafting a beautiful user experience.
*This role is remote within the US only*
What You'll Do
- Collaborate closely with product, design, and our CTO to build new user and internal-facing solutions from start to finish.
- Design and architect new systems, with a special focus on crafting a beautiful and performant user experience.
- Use your full-stack engineering knowledge to build features on our platform that solve problems for our customers and internal teams.
- Identify opportunities for improving the platform based on data, research, and your own insight and creativity.
- Influence product strategy and the roadmap by working closely with the Head of Product.
- Conduct code reviews and provide project-specific technical mentorship to engineers
- 4+ years of full-time software engineering experience, including at least 2 years of experience with frontend web frameworks
- Demonstrated ability to develop full stack web applications and experience, working with external APIs
- Ability to ramp up quickly and own features end-to-end
Nice to Haves
- Passion for mentorship and our mission
- Experience working on an educational platform or similar experiences in edtech
- 💰$140,000 - 180,000 annual compensation + generous equity
- ✈️Fully remote with company sponsored trips to yearly company events (Lake Tahoe in 2021, Denver in 2022!)
- ⚕️Medical, Dental & Vision benefits
- 💸Twice-yearly Performance Bonuses
- 🌴Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- ❤️🩹Professional Development & Wellness Stipends
- 🧑💻WFH office stipend
👋 We are a tight-knit community that champions for our staff to bring their authentic true selves to work and aim to provide a fun and collaborative work environment for everyone. Although we are remote we have many virtual and company sponsored in-person events. We also value diversity - our technical team has many female leaders (Head of Product and Design) and exemplifies what Pathrise stands for externally as well as internally. Read more about how we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment: What DE&I means to Pathrise
Our Interview process
- Phone chat with a recruiter
- Practical Coding Round - with an Engineer on our team
- Chat with Hiring Manager - Derrick
- Final Round Interviews - a mixture of coding and getting to know the team here at Pathrise!
This role is remote within the US only, and is not currently available to applicants located outside of the US. US work authorization is required.
Pathrise is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Pathrise does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Pathrise also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Pathrise will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.