Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Published on April 13, 2023
Mango is a company of risk-takers and ambitious innovators driven to build a resource that challenges you to discover new connections with one another and the world through a more profound understanding of language and culture. We’ve built an environment where smart technology and passionate people work as one to create a learning system built on proven methodologies, award-winning learning features, and developed by expert linguists and native speakers from all corners of the globe, so that you feel confident to start the conversation in any language.
Are you an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer looking for an exciting new opportunity? Mango is looking for a well-versed developer to help advance our language learning technology.
Our ideal candidate will be passionate about applying their expertise to solve interesting problems and drive new improvements to our language learning products. Your work will directly shape the future of our products, and the future of language learning for our users all over the globe!
You will be part of a core team of product managers, engineers, and linguists working within a fast-growing organization on a mission to create the most effective, engaging and robust language learning software in the world.
If you are an experienced developer with an innovative and entrepreneurial mindset and a love of language, we want to hear from you!
Please note, if you need sponsorship or are outside of the US, we thank you for your interest in Mango Languages but are currently not in a position to sponsor or work with candidates that reside outside of the United States.
- Proficiency in Ruby on Rails, with a strong understanding of object-oriented programming principles and design patterns.
- Experience with SQL and database design principles.
- Familiarity with test-driven development (TDD) and behavior-driven development (BDD) practices.
- Experience with Git version control and familiarity with GitHub workflows.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS or Google Cloud Platform is a plus.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby on Rails code.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify, prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced Agile environment.
- Participate in architecture, design and code reviews to ensure best practices and maintainability.
- Optimize application performance and scalability.
- Troubleshoot and debug complex issues in production and development environments.
- Continuously improve development processes, tools, and methodologies.
- Mentor junior developers, providing technical guidance and feedback.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in software development.
Mango Languages is an industry leader in providing engaging language-learning experiences to millions of users around the globe. Available on mobile, tablet, and web-based platforms, our software uses real-world conversations (in 74 languages and counting!) and cultural insights to share world languages with public library patrons, students, corporate employees, government officials, and learners of all ages.
Mango Languages is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, height, weight, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category. All employment decisions are made solely on the merit and capability of an individual applicant. At Mango Languages we maintain a drug-free workplace. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all employees and ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations.