Ruby Backend Engineer
Published on April 14, 2023
- We are looking for a passionate backend engineer to build and scale the services powering our interactive web application. You will join a multidisciplinary and multicultural product team (back, front, QA engineers, product owners, UX/UI designers...). Today we are around 50 people in the tech team.
- Deliver high quality, tested and maintainable code 🏅.
- Build new features and challenge specs in coordination with the product team.
- Maintain our high level of quality through strong testing methodologies, documentation, pairing and learning.
- Be solution driven and challenge the specs, choices of architecture 🚀.
- Share your knowledge and learning (peer programming, onboarding...).
- And which stack you mean? https://stackshare.io/hivebrite/hivebrite.
- You have 3+ years of experience as Backend engineer in Ruby.
- You have good knowledge of relational oriented databases.
- You are familiar with tracing and logging.
- You have a passion for code quality, performance and overall development best practices.
- You are curious and not afraid to explore outside your comfort zone.
- You like to collaborate with different profiles and professions.
- You are organized and solution driven.
- You have a great oral and written communication in English. 🇺🇸
- Experience in document oriented databases like Elasticsearch.
- Good knowledge in microservices architectures.
- Experience with another language like Golang.
- Comfortable with DevOps aspects.
- Open-source contributions.
- A competitive salary package. 🤝
- Computer allowance and a work-from-home starter kit (desk, chair, etc…). 🖥️
- 50% of your healthcare subscription. 👩🏻⚕️
- "Tickets Resto" with Swile - 8€ per day (50% covered). 🍔
- Two weeks of RTT. 🏝
- Budget to improve your craft. 📚
- Nomad days policy (Work from anywhere you'd like, up to 12 weeks per year, at once or throughout the year). ✈️
- Access to WeWork around the world. 🏢
- International team. 🌎
- Full remote policy. 👾
- WeWork's office in the center of Paris with a rooftop just for us! 🏰
- Pool 🎱 and free beers 🍻 in our office between 6.PM and 8.PM.
- Squads days (two days per month we meet at the office). 💡
- Team building events. 🎉
- Check out this page, to know us more. 🏄♂️
- Meet our Engineering Recruiter, for a first video-call to better understand your career plan and answer any of your questions (45 mins).
- Meet of your future Backend teammate, for speaking about your previous experience and check the cultural fit (60 mins).
- Meet of our Backend lead, for a technical live exercise (60 mins).
- Meet with the VP of Engineering.