Full-Stack Engineer - Integrations
Engineering at Poll Everywhere is highly cross-collaborative in nature. You can expect to work cross-functionally with Product Managers, Designers, and QA. You’ll participate in each stage of the project lifecycle including planning, architecture, execution, and documentation.
You’ll engage in mentorship and technical development of other engineers through pair-programming and suggesting resources to work through or read. You’ll identify soft skills that make their technical contributions more meaningful and impactful.
Poll Everywhere is looking for a Mid-level Full Stack Engineer to help us in our transition from a collection of Single Page Applications to a Ruby on Rails application that uses Hotwire to question old assumptions and rethink how modern real-time web applications work. Join us in this exciting time and help drastically simplify our systems as we work through applying this new technology. Our tech stack includes Ruby on Rails 7, Hotwire, Tailwind CSS, Google Material Design, Electron, MySQL, AWS, and Kubernetes.
Poll Everywhere is looking forward to a refreshed mission to make presentations more inclusive. We believe that having our product in use at more of the 17 billion meetings a year in the F1000 would change those organizations through the inclusion of more voices. Our platform enables presenters to create interactive questions, word clouds, discussions, and competitions that their audience can respond to using any device. Founded in 2008, we now support millions of users worldwide from educational institutions to household companies such as Google, AT&T, and Target.
- Create new integrations with third party software applications to better support the workflows of our Enterprise customers
- Transition to using our Rails/Hotwire application as the single web service for all of our integrations
- Develop a shared interface between our integrations to create a seamless look and feel regardless of where our customers use the product
- Write maintainable automated tests. TDD and BDD are welcome here.
- Mentor other engineers in industry best-practices for Hotwire, Ruby on Rails, and general software engineering.
- Development of our three slideware integrations - Powerpoint (Windows), Powerpoint (macOS), Google Slides.
- Develop integrations with chat and video conferencing services, such as MSTeams, Slack, and Webex
- Optimize our backend infrastructure services, such as slide rendering and our build servers
🎙️ Our zero mystery interview philosophy
- No mystery, no surprises, no hidden criteria! We know how nerve-wracking interviews can be and we want to set you up for success by clearly outlining the skills we want you to be ready to showcase throughout our interview process.
- If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications or check off all the boxes, you should still seriously consider applying. We have multiple positions open for a range of qualifications. An important part of our interview process is understanding why this position and our mission particularly resonated with you.
- 3-5 years of experience developing and shipping user facing production applications
- 3-5 years experience building integrations with third party APIs and services
- 2+ years experience with MySQL or a similar relational database
- Comfortable in at least three programming languages or frameworks
- Comfortable taking on new challenges, and working with new languages or frameworks without prior experience
- Awareness of secure coding practices and the importance of incorporating these practices in your work.
- Willingness to share learnings and experience with the team and the greater company
- Focus on clean code practices
- These are not required, but nice to have if you have experience in any of them:
- Experience with Windows native apps; C# and interprocess communications
- ObjectiveC and experience with macOS native desktop apps
- Web Extension Development
- Rails 7 and Hotwire
- GitHub Actions
💝 From us to you!
- Pioneers of all-remote work
- $150/month internet & personal cell phone reimbursement
- Monthly coffee and or tea subscription
- $1,000 annual self-development budget + 2 additional days of PTO to attend conferences
- $500 work from home stipend to get you set up for 2022 ($200 annual WFH stipend for all PollEvians after their first year)
Our users come from all kinds of communities, and so do PollEvians. We want to work with great people from a wide variety of backgrounds who put a lot of care and pride into their work. We're committed to providing you with opportunities to learn, and we’re looking to hire people with good judgment. At Poll Everywhere we’re serious about helping our engineers meet their career goals. We have a long history of seeking out growth opportunities aligned with individual interests and promoting internally often.