Sr Ruby Engineer - Dispute Management
Published on April 14, 2023
Our mission: Help everyone trust the internet We believe trust and safety are fundamental to every online interaction. As the pioneers of Digital Trust & Safety, we help more than 34,000 sites and apps navigate the fine balance between growing revenue and protecting their business. We believe users are innocent until proven guilty. A business’s good customers should never be turned away or made to jump through hoops. We make it easy for companies to remove friction and delight their customers, while keeping bad actors out. We believe legacy technologies are holding businesses back. We were the first to use machine learning for fraud prevention, and our customers see the results every day. The speed, accuracy, and scalability of our solution is unrivaled. The time to change is now. Customer expectations are higher than ever. Competition is fierce. Fraudsters innovate and scale as fast as businesses. That’s why thousands of websites and apps, from digital disrupters to Fortune 500 companies, partner with Sift.
- Get Sift done. Work closely on a cross functional team to ship great code regularly.
- Win as one team. Work collaboratively with other bright minded engineers on a cross functional team.
- Ever better. Be proud of your skills and talents, but alway be willing to learn something new, accept feedback, or welcome a new opinion.
- Take end-to-end ownership. Our engineers build, deploy and maintain their code
- Gather responsibility. Lead out to make meaningful contributions to a product designed to make the internet safe for everyone
- Be nice. Work is better with great people.
- 5+ years of experience with Ruby with or without Rails
- A passion for scalable, 24x7 backend web services
- Love for clean, maintainable code
- Experience with Postgres, RabbitMQ, Sidekiq, Docker and AWS
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of accountability
- You thrive in ambiguous environments where you get to work directly with stakeholders and make decisions that have a huge impact on the business
- You value being part of a great team and realize that being positive and helpful is as valuable as having great skill. At Sift “We win as one team”
- Bachelor's Degree in CS, Math, Engineering, Hard science(s), or comparable industry experience
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off