Published on April 14, 2023
FranklinCovey is the world leader in helping organizations achieve results that require lasting changes in human behavior, often the most difficult challenge any organization faces. When accomplished, it is also the most durable competitive advantage.
Title: Ruby Developer
Reports to: Director of Technology Platforms
Location: Remote – Anywhere in the US
- Producing efficient and elegant code based on product requirements
- Troubleshooting, debugging, maintaining, and improving existing software
- Help plan sprint cycles for features, bugs, and maintenance of the Leader in Me online
- Help Appraise new product ideas and appropriate timeframes for development deliverables
Essential Job Functions
- Translate product strategy into detailed development requirements for prototype, construction, and final product for the development team
- Collaborate closely with production, marketing, implementation teams, and sales teams on the development, QA, and release of software products
- Troubleshoot bugs and complex system requirements
- Implement designs and UI/UX improvements
- BA/BS in Computer Science, a related degree, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of professional programming experience
- High proficiency with Ruby on Rails
- Proficiency with API’s and API integrations
- Strong command of best practices, design patterns, and system architecture tradeoffs
- Pragmatic mindset and aptitude for balancing technical excellence and value delivery
- Ability to understand, diagnose, and effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Desire to do the best thing for the team and the business at all times
- Proficiency in Domain Driven Design or a willingness to learn and apply its principles
- Experience with Azure, AWS, Heroku, or similar IaaS or PaaS providers
For location-specific wage information, please visit:
California - Anticipated compensation for this position is $90-125k. Actual offer may be outside of this range and will be determined by education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as geographic location, internal equity and alignment with market data.
Colorado - https://franklincovey365.sharepoint.com/:b:/s/NewHireDocsPublic/EU1GMuqlx-FNtj4-l7hs_vcBpJLwbmaGJoEao660Ph5UXw?e=CFeCaZ
New York - https://franklincovey365.sharepoint.com/:b:/s/NewHireDocsPublic/EU1GMuqlx-FNtj4-l7hs_vcBpJLwbmaGJoEao660Ph5UXw?e=p8lbQU
Washington - https://franklincovey365.sharepoint.com/:b:/s/NewHireDocsPublic/EU1GMuqlx-FNtj4-l7hs_vcBpJLwbmaGJoEao660Ph5UXw?e=2njKIp : Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), employee stock purchasing program, PTO, paid holidays, and more. Please visit franklincoveybenefits.com for details.
Franklin Covey Co. (NYSE: FC) is a global, public company, specializing in organizational performance improvement. We help organizations achieve results that require lasting changes in human behavior. Our world-class solutions enable greatness in individuals, teams and organizations and are accessible through the FranklinCovey All Access Pass® available in multiple modalities and in 21 languages. Clients have included the Fortune 100, Fortune 500, thousands of small- and mid-sized businesses, numerous government entities, and educational institutions. FranklinCovey executes over 15,000 client engagements each year reaching into 160 countries and territories. Our mission statement is “We enable greatness in people and organizations everywhere”. We fulfill this mission by hiring “Achievers with Heart”.
Visit our website at franklincovey.com for more information regarding our organization.
Please visit franklincoveybenefits.com for a complete US benefits overview. Eligible benefits will vary depending on employment status but may include medical insurance, HSA, PTO, 401(k), or other benefits.
FranklinCovey is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For additional information regarding our Equal Employment Opportunity policies, please visit sites.google.com/franklincovey.com/equal-employment-opportunity/home
For our Reasonable Accommodation Notice and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, please visit sites.google.com/franklincovey.com/equal-employment-opportunity/adaraptnp