Senior Software Engineer- Backend / Ruby
At Constant Contact, we are seriously awesome people who take ownership and make an impact by operating with the mindset, integrity and courage of a small business owner. There’s something so profoundly rewarding about knowing that your work is empowering people everywhere to pursue their dreams. Here, we all play an integral part in helping business owners, entrepreneurs, non-profits and individuals to succeed by giving them all the help and tools they need to grow online. We’re energized by new challenges and new possibilities-and we’re just getting started!
Our Product Services engineering team is growing! We have an opening for a Senior Ruby Software Engineer who will build robust back-end services to help power our AI marketing platform. You will get to work across multiple micro-services with Ruby, Python, MySql, Aurora, Redshift, DynamoDB, Node, Elasticsearch, Kinesis, Redis, and many AWS technologies, across our distributed systems. The systems you build will power Cortex (the Retention Science brand within Constant Contact), an AI-marketing platform that makes over 3 Billion machine learning predictions daily, across 600+ Million users to automate marketing campaigns for some of the biggest and most well-known brands on the planet.
In addition to having meaningful responsibilities and influence on our product design and decisions, you will also receive comprehensive exposure to all aspects of our business and power AI marketing for some of the biggest e-commerce brands. The code and ideas that you contribute will have a tangible impact on the team, company, and marketing-tech industry as a whole.
This is a remote-first US position. Or, if desired, you can work in a hybrid model from one of our offices in Boston, MA, Waltham, MA, Gainesville, FL, or Santa Monica, CA. Whatever it takes for you to be successful.
What you'll do:
- Work on a team associated with the Retention Science product, an AI driven e-commerce marketing platform called Cortex
- Own the key back-end infrastructure that powers our public API, and the email marketing delivery pipeline
- Collaborate with product management, data scientists, and senior members of the development team to understand the business needs and find the best technical solution
- Own projects from gathering requirements, to planning implementation, through deployment and maintenance
- Mentor junior members of the team on best practices, architecture, and development
- Stay on top of industry trends and ensure the team appropriately utilizes the latest technologies and best practices
- Be a key contributor to the creation of a long-term, scalable architecture
- Research emerging technologies and software
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails is needed to be successful in this role
- Experience designing and implementing large, scalable web applications / micro-services
- Experience working with large datasets/databases, scaling memory-intensive applications
- Experience with unit testing and test-driven development
- Deep understanding of MySQL / relational databases
- Can quickly prototype and reach a working proof of concept
- Experience integrating 3rd party APIs and creating robust RESTful APIs
- Experience scaling internal engineering processes (we are a very reflective and iterative team)
- You are highly driven, gritty, and scrappy when you need to be
- You know how to balance trade-offs to move quickly, yet still create robust, maintainable code
- You enjoy maintaining a high standard and discussing code quality, design patterns, and participating in design discussions with peers
- You want to work in a highly collaborative and reflective team environment and enjoy jumping in to pair with other team members when needed
#LI-HK1 #LI-Remote #INDENG
Why You’ll Love Us:
- We celebrate one another’s differences. We are proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, and we're always working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Join the experts. If you're passionate about supporting businesses and organizations, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent. We’re dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint and have a true desire to enable the success of businesses, non-profit organizations, and community groups.
- You’ll have opportunities to grow your career. We encourage and support our team members to learn different aspects of the business, take on stretch assignments, seek coaching opportunities and professional development opportunities.
- A generous paid time off policy and a competitive benefits package that supports the health and well-being of you and your family
At Constant Contact, we’re all about work flexibility and are proud to serve our customers as a hybrid workforce. Our hybrid work model combines the convenience of remote work with access to our great office locations to collaborate in-person, participate in live trainings, and socialize with colleagues. To promote the safety of our employees, their families and our community, where permitted by applicable law, we require all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of work.
Constant Contact is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable law. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions, please contact [email protected]
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies:
Constant Contact has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Constant Contact will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Constant Contact, in any capacity will be considered property of Constant Contact. Constant Contact will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.