Production Support Software Engineer II - Remote
Published on April 13, 2023
It takes a unique group of people to unleash a trillion dollars by connecting healthcare. To learn more about the people behind Olive and their dedication to making our industry more efficient, more affordable and more human - click here. Olivians can work from anywhere. We call it The Grid – a Distributed Growth Plan, because we believe small teams move mountains and working where you’re most productive is pretty intelligent.
Olive addresses healthcare's most burdensome issues with AI and intelligent automation, driving connections between siloed systems that reduce costs and increase capacity for health systems and payers. The team members supporting the company’s mission leverage tools and workplace flexibility that support their personal and professional goals. With Olive’s distributed work environment, teams across the U.S. collaborate and engage in meaningful work that connects the healthcare industry for patients. At Olive, we’re improving operations today so everyone can benefit from a healthier industry tomorrow.
Watch is Olive’s digital workforce operations center dedicated to ensuring that Olive keeps her promise, by providing support, analysis, communications, and continual improvements to all live customer bots.
The Third-shift Production Support Engineer II is part of Watch’s rapidly growing Watch Engineering team. This role ensures that Olive’s products and services are running successfully and adding value for Olive’s customers. This includes responding to alerts and notifications, monitoring results, and troubleshooting issues. Individuals in this role collaborate closely with Customer Experience, Software Engineering, and Quality Engineering roles to determine solutions and improve services over time. The ideal candidate has interest in both software development and operational areas, enjoys problem solving, and collaborating with other motivated professionals in a dynamic environment.
This position is currently scheduled for 3rd Shift - Tuesday to Friday 11pm -9am EST (technically starts Monday at 11pm EST)
Responsibilities (to include but not limited to):
- Take full ownership of technical support issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root causes, and making coding updates accordingly.
- Serve as an escalation point to resolve issues fielded by Tier 1 support team.
- Debug and triage issues related to infrastructure and workflow stability improvement and identify optimization opportunities.
- Make recommendations and determine permanent solutions for Olive automations.
- Ensure all issues are resolved or escalated to the proper resources while maintaining communication with relevant internal teams and customers.
- Escalate problems in accordance with defined procedures.
- Work with multiple internal stakeholders in a timely fashion to accept the transition of workflows from build engineering to long term support.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of released products and provide feedback to product and development teams to help improve our in house process automation tools.
- Be responsive to customer needs which requires working outside of normal business hours or on-call rotation.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology-related field or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of experience in a technical support, DevOps, development, IT consulting or other technology related role
- Knowledge of enterprise-class monitoring and alerting tools
- Strong attention to detail and logical problem solving skills, with a passion for quality
- Knowledge of data-interchange technologies (JSON/XML/Soap)
- Knowledge of automated deployment tools and CI/CD pipelines
- Understanding of Version Control Systems such as Git, Github or Gitlab Understanding of large scale software & system architecture
- Able to organize multiple tasks and prioritize them to meet specific deadlines, work under own initiative, and respond to peaks in demand
- Able to work as part of a team with a strong commitment to a high quality customer experience and continuous improvement
- Able to troubleshoot remote connectivity in applications such as Citrix Receiver, Horizon VMWare Client, RDP
- Ability to triage/investigate complex systems
- Knowledge of Cloud Services (e.g. AWS, Azure), cloud specific tools and data structures ● Experience with Agile tools, eg. Jira, Trello, Pivotal
- Proficiency with recent Windows Server operating systems
- Healthcare IT and EHR knowledge
- Experience with SQL statements for data filtering and retrieval
The base salary range for this position is $80,000 - $110,000 annually. The base salary offered is dependent on a number of factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to qualifications, skills, depth of experience, and certifications. The total compensation package for this position may also include stock options, an annual incentive bonus and/or other applicable incentive compensation plans.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
At Olive, we're committed to growing and empowering an inclusive community within our company and industry. This is why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives across our organization. Research shows that oftentimes women and other minority groups only apply to open roles if they meet 100% of the listed criteria. Olive encourages everyone — including women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and those in the LGBTQIA+ community — to apply for our available positions, even if they don't necessarily check every box on the job description.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned.
This job description does not constitute a contract of employment and Olive AI, Inc. may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
We take the health and happiness of our employees seriously and consistently evaluate new ways to provide an amazing place to work. From retirement planning, to a wellness program designed to actively incorporate mental and physical wellness into daily interactions amongst fellow Olivians, we make sure to take care of our own.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance that starts on your first day at Olive with 100% of premiums covered for team members and 75% covered for dependents
- Monthly Grid stipend to cover work related expenses
- Unlimited PTO
- EAP/Mental health resources
- Family-building and fertility support via Maven
- Childcare support via WeeCare
- 12 weeks of parental leave
- 401(K) match
- Wellness programs
- Stock Options
For your application: A PDF version of your resume is ideal to be viewed correctly in our Applicant Tracking System.