Published on April 22, 2023
We’re growing - Help change the world of the life sciences industry - Join us! Our mission is to empower clinical trial sponsors, through best-in-class software and services, to optimize the efficiency of disclosure activities, maximize trial data transparency, and foster more informed, engaged patients through open research sharing. TrialScope is the global leader in clinical trial transparency and compliance. Our customers include 9 of the top 10 and 20 of the top 30 Pharmaceutical and Biotech companies in the world. We are in Jersey City, NJ in Harborside Financial Plaza across the river from New York City first PATH stop.
VersaTrial is looking for an experienced Developer who is passionate about building well tested, best-in-class software to improve workflows for clinical trial sites. While developer is your primary responsibility, you will work with a cross-functional team and be expected to understand and communicate effectively within different functions to build the best software in the most efficient way possible.
The VersaTrial software team emphasizes a high trust environment that seeks continuous feedback in our software and how we work. This environment ensures the most cohesive working environment so we can build product faster and better. While supportive, we want people that are able to effectively self-manage their own work and deliver effective code.
VersaTrial is a software solution that empowers professionals working at clinical trial sites and restores order to their workdays. We instantly remove efficiency bottlenecks, solve access issues, and un-silo disjointed technologies.
Key responsibilities for VersaTrial Developer include:
- Effectively review and give feedback on software written by others on your team
- Adapt quickly to surroundings and be willing to adapt to changing market demands
Other responsibilities include:
- Pair program with fellow engineers on hard problems or for knowledge sharing
- Develop tooling around our software to make development more pleasant
- Addressing and working on bugs
- Respond to after hours issues
- Discuss technical implications of product recommendations
- Make product decisions on ideas that are loosely defined
- Experience working with API / Restful services a plus
- Explain complex technical details to nontechnical co-workers
- Participate in visiting customers to understand how they use our product
- Adapt to new tools and platforms to be integrated in our current flow
- Minimum 8 years of software development experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience Ruby on Rails
- Strong understanding of front-end and web technologies
- Hands-on experience working with a product team with a product oriented mindset
- Strong analytical skills
- An entrepreneurial attitude with a strong sense of reliability and ownership
- Strong written and verbal communication
- History of working with Hotwire/Stimulus
- Hands-on experience developing browser add-ons
- Experience in Continuous Integration environments
- Proven knowledge on how to develop a maintainable API
- Expertise in another programming language
- Comfort writing shell scripts
VersaTrial is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Work From Home
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Stock Option Plan
- Training & Development