Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
Published on April 13, 2023
spaceOS is a leading PropTech scaleup providing technology for commercial real estate, flex space operators and corporate clients since 2016. We are a workspace operating system for office real estate and flex-space operators that transforms any asset into a safe, flexible and connected workspace. This experience allows our clients to maintain and retain top occupiers and attract talent to compete in an increasingly data-enabled market.spaceOS is powering over 11 million sq ft of workspace in 80 locations across 16 countries, with over 75,000 users. spaceOS’ technology has been deployed by some of the industry’s largest office landlords, including Commerz Real, Immofinanz, and Sage. The platform is also favoured by some of the world’s largest space-as-a-service operators, including Unicorn, Rooms, and Factory, which clearly shows the increasing convergence of the traditional multi-tenant office building and flexible workspaces.The new spaceOS platform with its API’s, Apps, TX, and FM functions is powering the future of office real estate and flex-space.spaceOS is currently represented in these major cities and countries: Berlin, Germany - Warsaw, Poland - London, UK - Dublin, Ireland - Paris, France - New York, USA
- Design and develop scalable, secure, and high-performance applications with Ruby on Rails
- Collaborate with product, design and the wider engineering team to build new features, drive the technical direction, and build scalable web applications.
- Support incident processes and root cause analysis to ensure high product reliability, stability, and security
- Participate in POCs, code reviews and team knowledge sharing activities
- Strive to improve team processes and implement best practices, in the areas of: Performance, Deployments, Monitoring and alerting
- Research and develop new and emerging technologies
- 5+ years experience in RoR in a test driven, agile development environment.
- Solid foundation with a modern RDBMS (PostgreSQL), exposure to NoSQL systems
- Experience with modern development tools and workflows, such as Git/Github, RSpec, Docker, Continuous Integration & Deployment.
- Experience with asynchronous background processing frameworks such as Sidekiq.
- Good working knowledge of various AWS products (i.e RDS, S3, Lambda, SQS) and cloud-based architectures
- Experience in the development and operation of high scale, distributed and scalable environments.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Experience with Commercial Real Estate Technology, SaaS and Proptech solutions would be a significant advantage