Ruby on Rails Engineer
Published on April 13, 2023
The Story of Innovation of a software company in Saudi Arabia , otherwise known as “Ibtikar”…Six Years ago, a group of visionaries decided to create a software company in Saudi Arabia with the sole focus of making technology solutions accessible, easier and scale-able, Ibtikar Technologies was subsequently born and has grown to become the leading software company in Saudi Arabia and the entire MENA Region.With strategic partnerships and a plethora of clients, the Ibtikar family has over 70 employees across three branches and has released innovative applications and solutions over Apple, Google and Windows Phone app stores serving all sorts of clients, users and industry leaders.Risk takers by birth and innovators for a living; the Ibtikar team uses the values of commitment, invention, creativity and practicality to turn ideas into tangible technology enabled solutions.With a constant focus on hiring the best, working with the best and delivering the best, Ibtikar Technologies is your gateway to your next success story if you are on the market for a software company in Saudi Arabia or anywhere in the MENA region.
We are looking to hire a talented ruby on rails developer to manage the interchange of data between our users and the server. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining the server-side logic for the central database, testing performance, troubleshooting, and integrating front-end elements into the application.
To ensure success as a ruby on rails developer, you should have extensive experience working with ruby and back-end integration techniques. Ultimately, a top-level ruby on rails developer can create clean, functional code that perfectly suits the needs of the company.
Ruby on Rails Developer Responsibilities:
- Designing and developing new web applications.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting existing web applications.
- Writing and maintaining reliable Ruby code.
- Integrating data storage solutions.
- Creating back-end components.
- Identifying and fixing bottlenecks and bugs.
- Integrating user-facing elements designed by the front-end team.
- Connecting applications with additional web servers.
- Maintaining APIs.
Ruby on Rails Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field.
- 3+ Years of Experience working with ruby on rails.
- Ability to write clean ruby code.
- Proficiency with code versioning tools including Git, Github, SVN, and Mercurial.
- Experience with AngularJS or BackboneJS.
- Familiarity with MVC, Mocking, RESTful, and ORM.
- Knowledge of server-side templating languages including Slim and Liquid.
- Familiarity with testing tools.