Rails Engineer (Senior)
Published on April 17, 2023
StackBlitz is a developer of an integrated software used to offer comprehensive facilities to computer programmers for software development.
We are looking for an awesome Senior Ruby on Rails engineer who wants to join a small (but growing) team working on bringing web development fully into the browser. As a Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer, you will be responsible for delivering high-quality code, creating and maintaining robust software applications, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure the best possible outcome.
In your first 6-9 months in the role you would lead our efforts to:
- Enhance the capabilities and scalability of our storage backend
- Add capabilities for teams and organizations
- Add community features
- Create integrations with other platforms and providers
This role will require proficiency with the following technologies:
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with a high degree of autonomy
- Ability to learn new technologies and systems quickly
- Empathy. For our customers, for the team, and for yourself
- Problem solving skills, a great attitude, and a desire to win together as a team
- Communication super powers, especially when discussing technical topics
- No task to big or too small
- Not afraid to take on tasks outside of your core role
- Perpetual learning attitude
- A college degree
- Being located in or authorized to work in the United States
- Having ALL of the skills/experience listed above. If you're interested in the job, please apply!
StackBlitz is on a mission to bring web development into the browser. We are already trusted by over 1M developers every month. Our users are globally distributed and use StackBlitz for learning, collaboration, open source projects, and at work on world-class development teams.
You will feel at home on our team if you have trouble closing your laptop at the end of a long day of working on a particularly tricky problem, and at the same time recognize that a healthy personal life is more important than stressing about work during personal time. We all love to work hard and get stuff done, but know that optimal performance is achieved when we are fulfilled and happy in our personal lives.
Perks at StackBlitz
- 100% remote company
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- Paid parental leave
StackBlitz = Equal Opportunity Employer
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences. We encourage YOU, whoever you are to apply!
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of StackBlitz are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.