The selected candidate will support Agile Application Development technologies and capabilities in the areas of software development, systems engineering, integration, and test of software applications and infrastructure. This effort will support the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) an agency of the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
We are looking for Developers experienced in Agile environments, to support the development of custom software and database applications.
- Familiar with software development, software architecture, APIs, and microservices
- Familiar with build, deployment, and release automation and orchestration in a DevOps environment including OpenShift, Amazon ECS, GitHub, Jenkins
- Familiar with writing and evaluating user stories, acceptance criteria, and pull-requests
- Familiar with Lean Design, Test Driven Development (TDD), and Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- A passion to contribute to the full stack – the front-end, backend and anything in-between (middleware or otherwise).
Security Clearance: Must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship and have or able to attain a Government DHS Suitability clearance
- 2 years of solid Ruby/Ruby on Rails experience
- DHS/USCIS experience preferred
- Active DHS Clearance or DoD Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent technical degree, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, and work experience