Senior Software Engineer (Remote)
Published on April 20, 2023
Teamshares is a national, for-profit company helping American small businesses become employee-owned. We bring the resources of big business to small business, starting with stock ownership.
What is Teamshares?
Teamshares is a mission-driven startup that buys small businesses from retiring owners and transitions them into enduring, employee-owned businesses through our software, education, and community products. There wasn't an easy way for small businesses—which make up 98% of firms in the US economy—to become employee-owned before Teamshares!
What you will do:
- Build digital products and full stack features with a measurable impact by scaling our ability to evaluate businesses and by making employee ownership and wealth more accessible to thousands of low/mid-income employees in America
- Lead technical architecture discussions and decisions that shape the long term foundation of our digital products
- Collaborate with product, design, and business operations to provide input on new product ideas and features
- Participate in building Teamshares' engineering culture and organization
What you bring:
- 3+ years work experience with Ruby on Rails
- An enthusiasm for jumping into new problem spaces and figuring out the right solution
- An ability to think in terms of product, not just code
- An empathetic approach to and passion for solving customer problems
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Why should you join us?
Teamshares believes in supporting every team member with a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, including: equity for all employees, exceptional medical/dental/vision benefits plans for employees and their families, and paid parental leave.
We recognize and facilitate the tangible impacts each employee has on our mission, while still maintaining a healthy work-life balance culture that emphasizes unplugging at the end of the work day. Our team values time off and actually takes vacation. We embody a growth mindset and provide the support you need to grow in your career.