Software Engineer - Full Stack
Published on April 16, 2023
If it tells you where, it’s probably built on Foursquare We believe in the power of location. What people experience in the real world and the places they go are powerful reflections of who they are and what they care about. We help leading global companies tap into this intelligence to create better customer experiences and smarter business outcomes, all based on the world’s leading platform for understanding people, places, and the interactions between them.
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology and data cloud platform dedicated to building meaningful bridges between digital spaces and physical places. Our proprietary technology unlocks the most accurate, trustworthy location data in the world, empowering businesses to answer key questions, uncover hidden insights, improve customer experiences, and achieve better business outcomes. A pioneer of the geo-location space, Foursquare’s location tech stack is being utilized by the world’s largest enterprises and most recognizable brands.
About the Position
Foursquare is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team!
The full-stack engineering team creates and owns Foursquare's customer and user interfaces. We consider ourselves the gateway to Foursquare's rich and valuable data set. Working with many other groups including product, data engineering, and client success, our team is the nexus between our customers and Foursquare's location platform. Our full-stack team owns the applications, APIs, and services that the world's largest brands rely on to move their business forward. We pride ourselves on our customer focus and the ability to continually deliver value to our users. We are looking for a software engineer to join our team!
In this role, you’ll
- Develop and maintain our industry-leading measurement applications
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams such as Data Engineering, Infrastructure, and Client Success
- Help break down product requirements with team product managers into incremental units of delivery
- A focus on creating experiences that delight our customers
- Proactively seek out opportunities for improvement in all aspects of your role
What you’ll need
- 3 years of related experience
- Experience with React and Ruby, the Java Spring Framework as a good plus.
- CS Degree (or similar) or relevant work experience
- Proficiency in implementing product features with React, Vue, or similar
- Familiarity working within an agile software development cycle
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to recognize when to ask for help - we encourage our teammates to learn by asking the right questions
- Knowledge of data structures and the ability to identify trade-offs of proposed solutions
- Your own unique talents! If you don't meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, we encourage and welcome you to still apply!
Benefits and Perks
- Fully Flexible Workplace - work from home, one of our offices or a combination of the two!
- Unlimited PTO - rest and recharge when you need it!
- Industry Leading Healthcare - comprehensive and competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- Savings and Investments - 401(k) with company match
- Home Office Setup - you get all necessary hardware and internet reimbursement
- Family Planning and Fertility Programs - programs via Carrot and Maven
- Employee Resource Groups - to help you stay connected
Things to know…
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Foursquare, we are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry and market standards. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, and specific office location.
Salary is just one component of Foursquare’s total compensation package, which includes restricted stock units, multiple health insurance options, and a wide range of benefits!
US Based Roles