Software Engineer Ruby/RoR
Why Housecall Pro?
Help us build solutions that build better lives. At Housecall Pro, we show up to work every day to make a difference for real people: the home service professionals that support America’s 100 million homes.
We’re all about the Pro, and dedicate our days to helping them streamline operations, scale their businesses, and—ultimately—save time so they can be with their families and live well. We care deeply about our customers and foster a culture where our company, employees, and Pros grow and succeed together. Leadership is as focused on growing team members’ careers as they expect their teams to be on creating solutions for Pros.
The role: As a Software Engineer Ruby/RoR at Housecall Pro you’ll begin working with your team lead on our main Ruby on Rails application, iterating through fast-paced use cases. You’ll design, develop, and test small features and push those features to production on a daily basis. Initially, you'll work on our Ruby on Rails application and its React front end. As you gain experience, you will have the opportunity to work on our Android and iOS applications as well, eventually allowing you to continue as a Full Stack engineer or to specialize in a particular technology.
The Team: Our Product Managers are responsible for developing solutions and implementing requirements to drive stratospheric growth of Housecall Pro products. This includes rapidly shipping new products and working daily with our engineering team, design team, and other stakeholders to define the right backlog, structures and frameworks to move us rapidly forward. This is a tight-knit group of inspiring individuals that deliver exceptional software experiences and you will be an integral part of driving us toward world-class results.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with the Engineering team to develop and deploy features that provide customer outcomes.
- Write great code that is both understandable and testable
- Rotate through and learn the technology stacks that drive Housecall Pro.
- Collaborate with product managers to deeply understand core customer problems, how to solve them, and estimate their complexity
- Gain mentorship from our team to grow your skills and confidence
- 1-3 years of experience in a software engineering role
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- Ability to write meaningful, well-tested code that solves real customer problems
- Can estimate, design, and build a small epic end-to-end
- Ability to bring your latest and greatest learning and tell us why we should use them tomorrow in Housecall Pro
- Must be fluent in English (read, write, speak)
Founded in 2013, Housecall Pro helps home service professionals (Pros) streamline every aspect of their business. With easy-to-use tools for scheduling, dispatching, payments, and more, Housecall Pro enables Pros to save time, grow profitably, and provide best-in-class service.
Housecall Pro’s brand portfolio includes BuildBook, construction management software for builders and remodelers, and CONQUER, a business coaching solution for home services businesses. Our brands are united by a singular mission to champion our Pros to success.
We support more than 25,000 businesses and have over 1,000 ambitious, mission-driven, genuinely fun-loving employees across the United States and all over the world. If you want to do work that impacts real people, supported by a team that will invest in you every step of the way, we’d love to hear from you.
Housecall Pro celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law.