Software Engineer - Shopify - (Contract)
Published on April 16, 2023
We are a pioneering technology and marketing services company that creates end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, KFC, Philips, Audi, Twitch, Patagonia, eBay and more. Our team of 4,000+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivers pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture. We are committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 have been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified. We are pioneers at heart. What this means, is that we are always leaning forward, thinking of what we can create tomorrow that does not exist today. We were born digital and we are a new model of agency, with a deep skillset in tech & marketing. We facilitate our pioneering spirit by investing in innovation, by leveraging our proprietary tech, data and knowledge platforms for all our clients worldwide. Our culture is ’big enough to cope and small enough to care. Simply put we can work for any brand in the world, but with the speed, agility, flexibility and personal relationships of a boutique agency. Join us!
- You’ll develop complex apps that will help change the world for the better and be seen by millions of users.
- You’ll be a part of agile software development practices and peer/code reviews
- You’ll interface with clients. We estimate about 80% hands-on development and 20% client interaction & documentation
- Both learn new things from other DEPT® engineers as well as improve how we do things
- You have multiple years experience writing Software used by lots of people
- You have worked with eCommerce tools like Shopify
- You have multiple years experience with a front end framework like React
- You have multiple years experience with a backend technology like Node.js / Express, Ruby on Rails, Python / Flask / Django, etc.
- You’ve worked with, and have a good understanding of Database technologies, both SQL and NoSQL
- You’ve worked with, and have a good understanding of version control, preferably using git
- You’ve worked with Agile software processes before
- You’ve worked with Continuous Integration/Deployment tools
- You’ve worked with major cloud providers like AWS, Google Cloud, Azure
- You’re a natural problem-solver and willing to take initiative
- You enjoy talking to clients and are good distilling technical information for a variety of roles within a business