We are seeking developers who thrive in a growing, energetic, and innovative organisation fostering creativity, innovation, and accountability to team goals. You will join our development and cross-functional teams in an agile development environment to build and continue delivering highly innovative ticketing and CRM solutions.
The successful candidates will be an integral part of our team working with other developers; playing a key role in fueling and maintaining our agile development-oriented culture. The successful applicant must be recognized as a high-performing and experienced developer who will contribute to their own and our team’s success.
Hours and Compensation
Hours and compensation vary based on experience, skills, and continued success at Igniter. Generally, this position can expect the following.
- Compensation commensurate with experience and skills.
- Full-time employment.
- Starting vacation allowance of 2 weeks.
- Benefits available after a 3-month probationary period.
- Monthly tech stipend if applicable.
The following are key responsibilities and are not exclusive to other projects you may participate on.
- Develop new applications and toolsets to meet growing client and organizational needs.
- Upgrade and maintain existing applications.
- Improve and refactor existing applications, toolsets, and code bases to minimize technical debt.
- Scale existing applications and infrastructure to handle higher workloads and demand.
- Work within our team to ensure development goals are met on time, on scope, and on budget.
- Work closely with operations and sales teams to provide exceptional customer service to Igniter’s clients both during setup and on an ongoing basis.
We are seeking driven individuals with a high aptitude for learning and a positive attitude. The ideal candidates should have 3 or more years programming experience in a high-performance development environment and significant proficiency with the required technical skills. As such, they will meet or exceed most of the stated requirements. This position interacts with Igniter’s business functions and may also be customer-facing therefore interpersonal skills, ability to build rapport, and patience, are a necessity.
- Strong knowledge of web standards and fundamentals.
- Foundational understanding of SOLID design principles.
- Strong testing background and familiarity with Test-Driven Development. Experience with Jest, Cypress, and RSpec testing libraries is an asset.
- Online reporting (Business Intelligence) experience is an asset.
- Proficient organizational skills and the ability to work with timelines are essential.
- Must be a self-motivator and self-starter with a strong desire to succeed.
- Desire to constantly learn and adapt to evolving technical ecosystems.
- Competency with Git SCM.
- Experience with mobile-optimized web development and responsive design.
- iOS/Android mobile experience or interest is an asset.
- Significant experience coding, documenting, and maintaining Ruby on Rails applications (or in a similar programming language such as Python).
- Experience with a RDBMS such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- System administration and Google Cloud infrastructure experience is an asset.
- Familiarity with Terraform, or other infrastructure as code tools.
- Knowledge and experience with E-commerce and payment gateway integrations.
- Proficiency with Linux.
Other Valued Assets
- Experience working remotely and able to secure a suitable remote work environment.
- Experience in customer service, technical support or sales, retail, box office work, or sports industry.
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of relevant education and experience is required.
- Capable of working independently and in a team setting.
- Excellent English communication skills are essential and fluency in French or Spanish is an asset.
Remote Work Requirements
You have access to a personal computer, a reliable internet connection, a phone, and a professional and quiet workspace such as a home office suitable for phone calls, video conferencing, and screen sharing (Igniter provides a tech stipend to cover related costs).
This position does not involve much travel other than perhaps the occasional team retreat or client site visit. This position does require you to complete a security background check and have a valid travel passport.
How to Apply
Please include your cover letter and resume when applying by clicking below. References and letters of reference are also appreciated. Please ensure your cover letter includes your address, phone, email, and links to your Linkedin page or other social media. Also, ensure your signed cover letter authorizes Igniter to conduct background checks following any interviews. We thank all candidates for their interest.