Senior Software Engineer
CubeSmart is currently seeking a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer to join the Information Technology team at our corporate office in Malvern, PA. The Senior Developer will be responsible for the technical innovation and leadership of CubeSmart’s enterprise store operating platform.
CubeSmart is currently seeking a Ruby on Rails Developer to join the Information Technology team at our corporate office in Malvern, PA. The Ruby on Rails Developer will be responsible for the technical innovation and leadership of CubeSmart’s enterprise store operating platform. The Ruby on Rails Developer is expected to have a strong technical background with proven experience in building and delivering highly complex platforms. This individual is also expected to have experience with modern technologies, leveraging best practices in the areas of open source tech solutions, managing software development and agile methodologies. Working with the Manager of Software Engineering, this individual will be a part of a highly technical team of developers and engineers.
This role is expected to apply leading edge practices to solve business challenges and develop a culture of high performance, urgency, and productivity.
- Embrace the vision to lead the transformation of currently leveraged outsourced application development model to an in-house model to include development of key business and customer facing solutions
- Participate as a core contributor in the technical delivery of the server-side portion of the application stack. Translate complex functional specifications to detail technical designs regarding Test Case, Testing Automation, User Interfaces (UI), Custom Software Applications, middleware technologies, API, API orchestration/choreography, deployment artifacts, artifact packaging, and application monitoring automation, logging, and performance metrics.
- Work diligently on the allocated backlog and work to make every team member successful and stay ahead of the team to avoid unpleasant surprises for the team, thus actively ensuring delivery within the schedule and allocated budget
- Participate in sprint planning meetings to ensure that the team understands their objectives and has committed to completing their work on an agreed-upon timeline
- Maintain the development environment, documentation on the development tooling strategy and toolchains for effective and efficient delivery of software in support of the chosen methodologies
- Build a culture of engineering excellence with a focus on performance, scalability, privacy, and security
- Create detailed design, perform pull request reviews, and mentor the team on coding best practices
- Demonstrated affinity for continuous learning specifically in the technology domain and how to leverage it for building great reliable products
- Bachelor’ Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent related technical field
- At least 5+ years’ experience coding/building, maintaining and supporting omni channel commerce platforms using current and emerging technology stacks
- Experience adopting principles and standards in the design, development, and delivery of solutions
- Experience with DevOps and working with Infrastructure as Code environments
- Proficient in programming languages and concepts around API services and Interfaces (JSON, XML, OpenAPI, RESTful)
- Experience with endpoint protocols and security components (SFTP/FTP, File, OAuth2, OIDC, SSL, SSH, LDAP etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with either Test Driven development or Behavior Driven development with a clear understanding of the tool stack. Expertise in unit test, building Integration, smoke and regression testing suite, code coverage process, and pipeline setup
- Experience using a project management/ticketing tool such as JIRA
- Experience building cloud native applications on any one cloud preferably AWS, asynchronous communications patterns such as via RabbitMQ/Kafka or other methods, caching via Redis, and AWS deployments and services
- Service oriented individual who possesses a true 24×7 support and service mentality
- Innovative problem solver who uses critical thinking approaches to proactively solve a broad range of problems across business processes and related technologies
- A product mentality - the ability to define goals, consider trade-offs, prioritize, defend decisions, and execute
- The ability to build relationships with stakeholders, help others grow in their careers, and create inclusive environments
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience with designing, building, and supporting microservices in a hybrid cloud environment
- Experience building containerized applications using GitOps, K8s, Service Mesh, K8s operators