Senior Software Engineer, Product
Published on April 26, 2023
The trucking and logistics industry provides the backbone of the economy. But the payments infrastructure on which it runs is broken. For the hard-working men and women of this sector, the existing suite of payment tools is outdated, difficult to use, prone to fraud, and saddled with shady fee structures. The incumbent players in this space often overlook the economic and practical needs of this user base. We're changing that. AtoB is building Stripe for Transportation — modernizing the payments infrastructure for trucking and logistics. Supply chains rely on the timely movement of capital to function efficiently. Our end game is a world in which that capital movement occurs fairly, smoothly, and without delay. As we pursue that end game, we aim to center our customers in every way — offering them world-class customer experience and building products that work with and around the unique constraints of their daily lives. We build for fleet managers in the office and drivers on the road. We strive for products that are efficient, satisfying, and useful. Our customers enable our modern economy — they deserve it.
- Participate in the product development process from start to finish, from helping scope projects to measuring their success and iterating based on user feedback
- Work as part of a small team to build React Native iOS / Android applications for AtoB's user base
- Implement clean, modern, smooth animations and transitions that provide an excellent user experience
- Write extensive test coverage involving unit tests, integration tests and QA testing with our third party QA testing service
- Release applications to the Apple and Google Play stores
- Work with internal and 3rd party API's
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Take ownership over your work and your projects
- Hold yourself and your teammates to a high bar
- Experience working with backend technologies like Rails, Python and NodeJS
- Experience writing end to end tests on your code and integrating with a CI pipeline
- Experience designing systems with multiple interacting elements
- Thrive on challenges with no clear answers
- Designed, developed and delivered complex projects involving multiple teams and/or engineers
- Take an extreme level of ownership over your work
- Are relentlessly focused on business impact
- Strong desire to learn and grow while holding yourself and your teammates to a high bar
- Bay Area compensation offered for all US and Canadian based employees.
- We are a remote-first company, though we are open to US and Canada work visa sponsorship.
- We offer competitive and comprehensive benefits along with unlimited PTO and 401(K) match.