Published on April 30, 2023
Mudflap is building a marketplace that connects truck drivers with fuel stops in the $800B trucking industry. We help truckers save money on diesel fuel (their #1 business expense) while providing truck stops with access to new customers. We’re growing quickly and need help building a modern, world-class platform for the trucking industry. Mudflap is backed by top-tier venture investors, including QED, NFX and 500 Startups, and our core team hails from Goldman Sachs, Disney, American Express, Mastercard, Groupon, and Trucker Path, the #1 mobile app among truck drivers. Our founders have deep prior experience in the commerce, trucking, and transportation industry and the early team comes from companies like Disney, Trucker Path, Klout, Care.com, Trip.com, and Groupon.
- Build complex, large-scale, production-grade web apps and APIs using Ruby on Rails
- Build endpoints for consumption by native iOS and Android apps
- Architect complex features and third party integrations
- Simplify technology in a way that internal stakeholders can understand
- Design database schemas that stand the test of time
- Write clean, well-tested, maintainable code
- Take ownership of your projects from beginning to end
- Exhibit enthusiasm about sharing and adopting best practices with your team
- Be flexible--you understand the needs of a startup
- Be detail-oriented, a fast learner, and scrappy
- A flexible, remote-first company
- A team of talented individuals on a mission to change a $1 trillion industry for the better
- A high bar for quality and commitment to self-improvement
- An open mind to new ideas and methodologies
- Competitive salary and benefit options
- Opportunities and support for massive career growth
- Put Customers First: We put our customers and partners at the center of everything we do.
- Be Curious: Have a learning mindset. Ask, wonder, dig, investigate. Share the joy of discovery.
- Sweat The Details: We create magical experiences by obsessing over every detail.
- Do The Right Thing: We operate with integrity and exercise good judgment, even if no one is watching.
- Find A Way: We push past roadblocks to get the best outcomes for our customers and our teammates.
- Own It: Show up prepared, be present, and make it count.