Senior Staff Engineer / Architect
Published on April 30, 2023
Nowsta helps employers become better managers by giving them the tools they need to automate, simplify, and humanize the labor management process (think scheduling, time tracking, payroll processing integrations, and reporting + analytics). We're building the first all in one platform for scheduling and time tracking, vendor and labor management, and financial wellness. Join us in our mission to create a better and more human work experience for managers and employees.
Nowsta is excited to add a Senior Staff Engineer / Architect to our Engineering team. This remote position will report to our Senior Director of Engineering.
What you get to do:
- Define and lead the effort to break down our Ruby Monolith application into Macro and Microservices using AWS services as a means to expedite delivery
- Develop the software architectures we need to address business opportunities identified by Product Owners
- Prototype code, research an emerging technology, develop applications and microservices, test harnesses, and refine and define pipeline steps
- You are well immersed in AWS service offerings and have experience in building applications around them
- You'll implement software ideas, collaborating with the broader team to understand their challenges and leverage their skill sets to our success
- You'll write stories for software implementations, and the test code to validate them.
- Solve Problems - You'll assess business problems and system needs, identifying and building architectural enablers wherever they're needed.
- You're going to solve hard problems and define our technical roadmap so you'll have to find rational, well-informed solutions in a transparent and collaborative way
- You lead. You're a coach, a mentor. You share knowledge, provide technical guidance to the development team, mentoring and guiding engineers, and teams
- You're an advocate for continuous delivery and modern engineering practices
- You're responsible for establishing timeline, and cost estimates and ensure that we deliver against those commitments
Who you are:
- Your communication is top-notch.
- You have expertise in AWS, CI/CD, Agile software methodologies, and microservices architectures
- Data oriented and data focused
- You possess AI/ML experience
- 10+ years of experience in software development in IC, and technical leadership roles
- 5+ years of experience as an Architect
If you meet more than 50% of the listed qualifications, please apply!
- 100% Employer Paid Health Care including Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for each Employee
- Mental Health support through TalkSpace
- Work From Home Flexibility
- 401K (no employer match)
- Paid Family Leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
Nowsta helps employers become better managers by giving them the tools they need to automate, simplify, and humanize the labor management process. Employees turn to Nowsta to better navigate their work life, with shift finders and reminders, and financial wellness benefit programs and their employers rely on Nowsta to improve operations, reduce turnover, and increase workplace satisfaction.
Workers on Nowsta have access to a suite of services that help them more effectively manage their job schedules and personal finances. Nowstapay is a financial wellness benefit program that allows employees to cash out earnings instantly for the work they've already completed.
Nowsta powers some of the largest workforces in sectors such as events, hospitality, staffing, and many more. Employers turn to Nowsta when they want to improve operations, reduce turnover, and increase workplace satisfaction.
At Nowsta, we promote a diverse and inclusive workplace where differences are welcomed and respected, where different perspectives are expressed and heard. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! Data show that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. Our culture enables individuals to share their uniqueness and contribute as part of a team. Nowsta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.