Senior Software Developer, API
Published on May 01, 2023
Spokeo is a people intelligence service that helps you search, connect, and know who you are dealing with. You can use it to find old friends, identify unknown callers, or research your date. Professionals use it to find new customers or to prevent fraud. Knowledge is a quick search away.
Spokeo is a people search engine that both enlightens and empowers our customers. With over 12 billion records and 14 million monthly visitors, we reconnect friends, reunite families, prevent fraud, and more.
Spokeo’s API team is the data gatekeeper, integrating 1st-party and 3rd-party data to create easy-to-read profiles. As the Senior Software Developer on the API team, you will work with our core data and various 3rd-party integrations for the consumer, enterprise, and affiliate marketplaces. You will work closely with co-founders on improving our critical infrastructures to drive business growth. Lastly, we will give you the opportunity to address critical issues in big data, e-commerce services, and information security. Let’s learn and win together!
- Write clean and performant code for our backed data services REST API to ensure data flows from our 3rd party vendors.
- Support data access needs for multiple databases to support our critical infrastructure.
- Collaborate with product owners, QA, and DevOps across Scrum teams to deliver #Data4Good to our users.
- Create and maintain API usage documentation and flow diagrams to improve efficiencies.
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Lucene, or Solr is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 7+ years of development experience in web applications and/or backend APIs
- 4+ years using SQL and NoSQL technologies
- Experience developing with cloud services, AWS recommended
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting high-usage, high-throughput systems
- Experience optimizing application performance and database queries
- Solid foundation in object-oriented programming, algorithms, and data structures
Spokeo extends written offers to candidates who successfully complete their selection process. Spokeo’s offers include a base salary, participation in a company bonus program, stock options, and comprehensive benefits. A final offer will depend on several factors, including, but not limited to: marketplace competition, job leveling, the candidate’s experience, skills, etc.
Privacy Notice for Candidates: https://www.spokeo.com/recruiting-policy
Spokeo is an equal-opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Spokeo fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best products, and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file, and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.