Ruby on Rails Engineer
Published on May 14, 2023
Why is it good to work with us? Because we work on great projects. Sure, we can list the latest set of technologies that we use, but that is a given. Everyone does that right? What's more interesting is how they are used - the design, the architecture, the approach to solving business problems, and helping businesses to grow. And we do that across multiple clients - each and everyone we're excited to work with. Because we believe in constant learning and exploring - whether that’s a new skill, a new role, or a new way of seeing. And because we've found that we learn the most when we take on new challenges as a team. We’re proud that people love working with us (and still have lives outside of work). Want to know more? Check out www.whitespectre.com and we're proud of what people are saying about us on Glassdoor
- Our rails developers are sharp technical experts with the ability to think like product owners- being able to advocate for code quality as a long term strategic investment while knowing when to adapt a more start-up mentality to deliver rapid business value. They drive architecture and implementation decisions, mentor other engineers, and stay up to date with the latest rails techniques and trends as part of the collective Whitespectre rails brain trust.
- Whitespectre operates on a fully-modern tech stack- toolset includes Rails6/7, Postgres, Elastic, REST/GraphQL, ReactJS, Typescript, Webpack, CI/CD with Docker, Heroku/AWS, etc. Working smartly is important to us; automation, dynamic environments spin up with new feature branches and slack bot integrations control our production releases.
- We follow an agile 2-week sprint methodology with Product, UI/UX and Engineering within the team to align closely with business stakeholders and incrementally build and release new functionality.
- The majority of our projects involve building greenfield applications and our delivery teams typically own products end to end - your thinking and contribution make a big impact!
- You can read more about life in our engineering team in this blog post by our Rails Tech Lead, Diogo.
- Competitive salaries, with payment in USD
- Annual Performance & Salary Reviews, with proactive career management
- 20 Days PTO & 3 Charity Days annually
- Funded face-to-face meet ups in Barcelona, as well as, South America and Asia
- Assisted Relocation package up to $5k
- Flexible working hours for efficient teaming in a 100% remote environment (proudly remote-first for 10 years!)
- Free English classes & educational expenses support
- Generous Employee Referral Plan
- Team Fitness and Charity Initiatives
- Great company environment - check out Glassdoor
- Personalized onboardings
- Opportunity to contribute to company-level initiatives
- Work with a broad range of best-in-class technologies
- Cross-company knowledge groups - improve your expertise, share your learnings and work with different technologies and tools
- Regular brown bag learning sessions
- An emphasis on Work-life balance
- The responsibility of designing new architectures and writing robust, performant code and being confident to justify your technology decisions. (Plus debating and recognizing when a colleague has an even better idea!)
- The challenge of collaborating with business stakeholders and Product Managers to advocate for technology solutions while bearing in mind the tradeoffs for business results
- To solve problems that can’t be addressed by just searching Stack Overflow
- The opportunity to go outside your core Rails expertise and strengthen skills with other technologies (e.g. Elixr, React.js or Node.js)
- An environment where excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) are valued and honed
- A culture where people from different backgrounds interact, collaborate and reach a shared goal
- 3+ years of experience in software development, 2+ years of Rails
- Experience contributing to technical decision making within a team
- Can work full-time with significant crossover with the core hours: 11am - 7pm Central European Time
- Live outside of the US. Please, no recruitment agencies.
- Apply by completing the form below - and we’ll get back to you. Candidates enjoy meeting our Rails Technical Leads and discussing interesting coding challenges as part of our updated selection process.
- Or email us with any questions on [email protected]
- Our process includes the following:
- A 30 minute video call with our Talent Acquisition team to understand your experience & expectations
- A 60 minute technical interview including a live code working sessions with a lead engineer to explore your technical capabilities
- Final interview(s) with the company leadership to confirm fit & finalize your offer