Senior Software Engineer
Published on May 27, 2023
Welcome to the Hummingbird Careers page! Thanks for stopping by and considering us in your job search - we're so glad you're here. Hiring amazing people is one of our highest priorities as company right now. We do our best to write inclusive, descriptive and accurate job descriptions. If you’re interested any of the roles, or if you'd be interested in working with us in a capacity that doesn't fit in any of our current postings, we’d love to hear from you even if you don’t feel like you meet everything we’re looking for. We’re always iterating and improving, and it’s possible that your experience is even more impactful than we could have imagined! Our open roles linked here give you a good sense of our specific hiring priorities at the moment. You can also check out our Diversity Manifesto, which gives you a sense of some of the principles we anchor on when growing our team. Please don't hesitate to reach out to [email protected] with any questions or feedback.
- Write code to fight financial crime: First and foremost, our software engineers use their skills to serve our shared mission. You'll build easy-to-use tools that help our customers analyze, investigate, and report financial data associated with potentially suspicious activities.
- Work with a small, passionate, and experienced team: We're a small team of mostly senior engineers and we love to do great work together. We're fully remote, but we make a strong effort to prioritize, design, and code collaboratively.
- Grapple with the challenges of working in a high security, high stakes environment: We work with some of the most sensitive data you can imagine and provide a critical service to our customers. Security, reliability, and correctness must always come first.
- Influence the product roadmap and strategy: Great ideas come from everywhere. Everyone on the team has a voice in strategy discussions, and is trusted to make significant decisions.
- Have the opportunity to grow into leadership: Hummingbird is growing rapidly. As we do, there will be opportunities for engineers to take on new roles in product, technology, or people leadership positions.
- 4+ years of experience building web applications, preferably with some startup experience.
- You love building web applications and want to work on something meaningful.
- You sail through ambiguity and like discussing product ideas.
- Iteration is part of the fun. You’re not married to specific ideas or solutions.
- Design is important to you,
- You want your impact to go beyond the lines of code you write.
- Safety first. You care about quality, testing, and security.
- You like digging deeply into new technologies, new domains, or new ideas.
- You want to build something exceptionally valuable and have real impact on the world. You're excited to get your hands dirty in pursuit of that goal.
- (Bonus) Experience in the financial sector, especially around compliance or fraud.
- AWS, PostgreSQL, Redis