Senior Software Engineer, Fleet Maintenance (Remote - USA, CAN, MEX)
Published on September 09, 2023
Fleetio is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Fleet Maintenance team to craft new functionality to help more efficiently maintain fleets of vehicles. We are looking for a product-minded and team-oriented engineer who has strong experience across the web stack, ideally someone with a good balance of both frontend and backend skills.
The Fleet Maintenance team is responsible for many key areas of the app and engineers in this role will have the opportunity to make a direct impact in our customer’s lives. If you’re passionate about crafting quality code and building beautiful modern web applications used by tens of thousands of users daily, we would love for you to apply!
This is a remote opportunity and is open to candidates in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
Fleetio (pronounced "flee-tee-oh”) is a leading provider of fleet management SaaS that helps organizations of all sizes track, analyze, automate, and manage their vehicles and equipment. With a purpose-built, easy-to-use, and comprehensive suite of tools and features, Fleetio makes it easy for fleet managers to optimize their operations, reduce costs, and improve safety and compliance.
We’ve become a trusted partner for thousands of businesses across the globe, from small startups to large enterprises. With a focus on innovation, customer success, and sustainable growth, Fleetio is on a mission to transform fleet management.
What makes us special, you might ask? We’ve been remote-friendly since 2012 and have been recognized as Birmingham Alabama’s Best Places to Work five years in a row. We have over 200 employees all over the United States, Canada, and Mexico, and have over 5000 paying customers in 70+ countries. It’s an exciting time at Fleetio as we’re growing 50+% year on year and have just closed our Series C round led by our incredible investment partner, Elephant. We’re building the fleet management platform of the future – the single screen for fleet managers to drive their businesses forward.
More about Fleetio
- Fleetio overview video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlvIbwZT3oU
- Fleetio Go overview video: https://www.fleetio.com/go
- More about the Fleetio platform: https://www.fleetio.com/features
- API docs: developer.fleetio.com
- Test drive Fleetio to get an even better feel for what we're building: https://www.fleetio.com/register
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Software Engineer on Fleetio’s Fleet Maintenance team, you will:
- You will collaborate closely with Product Managers, Designers, and other Engineers to consistently deliver high quality software.
- You will take part in planning, designing, and implementing features in core areas of our platform.
- You will engage in collaborative design and architecture of features.
- You will deliver well-tested, maintainable, and performant code.
- You will research, implement prototypes and spikes as necessary to validate assumptions and technical feasibility.
- You will possess a strong voice in development and planning processes.
- You will thoroughly review your peers’ code to ensure quality, consistency and to share knowledge.
What's in it for you
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. You will build software used by people all around the world. So many different types of companies and organizations operate a fleet each day, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it’s a huge market).
- Work remotely (within the United States, Canada, or Mexico), or at our Birmingham, AL HQ. Over 80% of our Engineering Team works remotely (including our CTO), and we have promoted a strong remote working culture since the beginning (2012).
- We place great emphasis on work/life balance. We have families and hobbies and know you do, too.
- 5+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails
- 2+ years experience with ReactJS, Typescript
- Varied experience building full stack web based systems and features
- Previous experience working closely with a product team to architect solutions
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail in implementing UI designs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced writing unit and UI tests
- Knowledgable on the current state of the Ruby on Rails and React ecosystems
- Be sure to mention “coffee” in your application so we know you actually read this
Considered a plus
- Experience leading small teams/projects
- Previous experience building APIs for consumer/mobile app consumption
- You know a thing or two about the Fleet management industry
- 100% health/dental coverage (50% coverage for family)
- Vision insurance
- Incentive stock options
- 401(k) match of 4%
- PTO - 4 weeks
- 10 company holidays + 2 floating holidays
- Parental and bonding leave
- Dependent care and medical FSA
- Short and long term disability
- Community service funds
- Professional development funds
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Mac laptop + new hire equipment stipend
- Monthly catered lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen with tons of drinks & snacks
- Remote working friendly since 2012 #LI-REMOTE
For Non-U.S. based candidates, Fleetio offers a country-specific competitive benefits package.
Not quite what you were hoping for? Check out our other engineering roles here.
Fleetio provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
This application is not intended to and does not create a contract or offer of employment. Employment with Fleetio is at will.
If you have a disability or a special need that requires an accommodation to fill out the online application, please let us know by calling (205) 718-7500 or emailing [email protected].