Senior Software Engineer @ EdTech Startup
Remote - Anywhere
Your mission at Coleap
Our ambition is high and we are searching for like-minded folks to help us on this journey. Our engineering team will be responsible for building a platform that makes this vision a reality, with great UX, performance and robustness.
As an early Software Engineer in our team, you will have the possibility (and agency) to shape how we do things, the culture and the technology direction while creating a great experience for our creators and learners.
PS: Please see everything here as a guide for the kinds of things we are looking for - we know that no candidate is ever perfect for the role and that there will be people out there who bring things to the table we haven't even thought of yet (and are super excited by this!). If you feel like your profile is close to this description but doesn't tick every box, please don't be afraid to apply
🔎 Who we are looking for
- You have strong opinions on how to design, build and operate strong performing and resilient applications
- You are a great communicator, and able to give and receive constructive feedback
- You are driven by excellence and constant improvement of yourself as well as of others around you.
- You are excited by the prospect of a fast-growing startup and have the drive to solve problems in a highly ambiguous environment.
- You share our ambition to build a truly world-changing company.
🌳 Experience that matters to us
- You have strong opinions on how to design and build state-of-the-art consumer tech products, ideally in the edtech and/or social networking space.
- You have built robust web applications using Ruby especially APIs
- You worked with different databases and messaging systems
- You have experience with cloud infrastructure
- You are familiar with containerised runtimes and their ecosystem
- A plus: you don't shy away from the frontend and embrace React (or similar libraries), CSS and web performance.
🛠 Our backend tech stack
- Ruby / Ruby on Rails