Senior Software Engineer, Backend (Latin America - Remote)
Published on November 19, 2023
Who you are We are seeking a motivated software engineer who has demonstrated technical experience and passion for the positive impact their code can make in people's lives. Brightwheel engineers work closely with product, design, and other business areas to deliver a platform that meets our teachers' & parents' most significant needs. Every engineer at Brightwheel is afforded a high degree of ownership and autonomy. We are a lean, fast-moving team and value individuals who are curious and collaborative in the face of technical challenges and empathetic and user-driven in how we show up every day.
- Work alongside product and design to scope and implement new features or product lines.
- Provide input to both delivery and discovery–providing new ideas, proposals, and constructive criticism to the team.
- Be a steward of quality, scalability, security, and performance. You'll work with other engineers to ensure that we have a solid foundation that serves our customers and enables the team to continue building a great product.
- Design and architect new software systems, or introduce new technologies, as appropriate, to support brightwheel’s growth.
- Share knowledge and expertise across the engineering team
- 5+ years of professional experience, preferably in dynamic companies/teams
- Proficiency in both contributing to and designing APIs using Ruby on Rails
- Expertise in writing automated tests (unit/integration/functional)
- Expertise in using Git (or VC equivalent)
- Experience with a variety of codebase sizes and age
- Experience with microservice or service-oriented architectures
- Experience with modern webapps like React.js preferred
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) preferred
- Must be open to 3rd party contracts through DEEL or another Employer of Record