Senior Software Engineer
(this position is remote)
What we believe
In the past two years, more than a trillion dollars have been invested in software companies at record prices. And in many cases, the underlying tech is the greatest enabler to the business strategy. But has the approach to govern technology value creation caught up to the magnitude of the risk?
We believe a better way is possible – a more programmatic, proactive approach to actively manage technology throughout the investment lifecycle – and that’s what we do.
We know that technology can create truly transformative change, and its role in business is only growing. Crosslake is here to support the changemakers and help them buy, build and run better technology.
What we value
You could be a good fit for Crosslake if you see yourself reflected in our guiding values:
Service. We effect change by empowering others.
Curiosity. We believe great advice starts with deep understanding.
Credibility. Our expertise is earned and proven.
Commitment. It’s our privilege to serve clients in their critical moments.
Creativity. We are inspired by the constant pursuit of better.
Are you an experienced full-stack Ruby on Rails developer? Come join our team and help us build amazing things. Crosslake is hiring a senior software engineer to join the ongoing development of our proprietary workflow, evaluation and business intelligence platform. You work closely with a small, but growing team of skilled engineers and product specialists to expand product capabilities to scale with our growing business.
- Have a major role in the architecture, design and build of our software platform. Work closely business leadership and other stakeholders to determine functional and nonfunctional requirements, design new features and bring to market.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Hands-on development using Ruby on Rails, React and other front-end libraries and frameworks.
- Implement and ensure compliance with SDLC best practices (coding standards, unit testing, continuous integration, peer review, Agile, refactoring).
- Providing guidance and coaching to other engineers as needed.
- Assist in the screening and hiring of new technical resources as we continue to grow our internal capabilities.
- Perform code reviews and provide feedback to other engineers. Ensure consistency and conformity to established coding standards and patterns.
- Keep up to date with latest technologies and trends and be able to incorporate new ideas into our current development process.
- Understanding of modern engineering practices and best practices for software development, including coding standards, code reviews, build processes, testing, and operations.
- 3-5+ years of experience developing robust, well-tested and organized web applications with Ruby on Rails. Experience with other languages and frameworks a plus.
- Proven working experience in architecting and developing scalable web applications; A firm grasp of object oriented analysis and design and appropriate software design patterns.
- Working knowledge of SQL and experience with common relational database platforms such as MySQL, and cache-based databases such as Redis.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (e.g., Git)
- Familiarity with continuous integration and understanding of deployment methodologies with modern release management systems (e.g.Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Gitlab, TFS, etc.) to cloud-hosted environments (e.g., AWS).
- Good documentation skills; tendency to take individual knowledge and document for the benefit of the entire team and ability to coach/lead others in this practice
Other Preferred Experience
- BS or higher in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering or a related quantitative field
- Experience building workflow-based software solutions
- Experience implementing customer-facing business intelligence (BI) solutions a plus.
- Experience leading small teams of combined in-house and outsourced technologists
- Passion for writing great, simple, clean, efficient code
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills