Software Engineer, Developer Productivity
At Yugabyte, we are on a mission to build the default database for cloud native applications in a multi cloud world. We are well underway on this journey with YugabyteDB, the open source, high-performance, distributed SQL database that runs on any cloud and enables developers to get instantly productive using well-known APIs. And the best is yet to come! We are looking for talented and driven people to join us on our ambitious mission and help us build a lasting and impactful company.
This role will involve improving the productivity of the entire engineering team at Yugabyte! You will be responsible for everything from our build and testing automation, to the packaging and release of the final product. As we look to scale the engineering teams further, your work improving our shared infrastructure will impact the way all engineers at Yugabyte get things done!
- Own the end to end developer experience, from source control, through code review, to releasing the product to users.
- Improve tooling for test automation, execution and debuggability, to help reduce friction in the development life cycle.
- Ensure reliability and reproducibility of YugabyteDB builds as part of our continuous integration systems.
- Profile and optimize build and test times to help increase velocity for the rest of the engineering teams.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure for identifying performance regressions in an automated and timely manner.
- Support and extend the release system and automation tools that bring Yugabyte DB and Yugabyte Platform together into packaged software for our users.
- BS/MS/PhD in CS (or related field) and 3+ years of industry experience
- Experience with continuous integration systems (eg: Jenkins)
- Experience with configuration management systems (eg: Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Experience with build systems (eg: Make, Cmake, Maven)
- Experience with scripting languages (eg: Bash, Python, Ruby)
- Familiarity with cloud technologies in AWS, GCP or Azure is a nice to have
Interview Process: Health and safety remain a top priority for all of our roles. As such, all Yugabyte interviews are held virtually, so we can all continue doing our part with social distancing and containment efforts. Although we are based in Silicon Valley, we hire exceptional folks wherever they are! Our process usually lasts 2-3 weeks and consists of a phone screen, Zoom interviews including senior leaders.
Full Health Benefits
Monthly Wellness Reimbursement
Internet and Phone Reimbursement
Home Office Setup Reimbursement
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
As an equal opportunity employer, Yugabyte is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.