Staff Backend Software Engineer
Published on December 18, 2022
We’re changing the way people connect to social care.
Findhelp launched over 10 years ago in Austin, TX and has helped millions of people. We make it easy to find food, health, housing, and employment programs in seconds at findhelp.org.
As a certified B Corp, we are driven to do good, we’re powered by tech, and looking for passionate people to join our team. Our mission is to connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
If our mission resonates with you, we’d love for you to keep reading.
As a staff engineer, your role will be to lead large technical projects with the team of thoughtful, friendly engineers driven by findhelp’s mission. In your day-to-day you’ll build and maintain our highly available, reliable and scalable systems. You’ll actively contribute to the mentorship and culture of the engineering team.
What you’ll do:
- Create, support, and enhance new and existing features
- Lead and deliver projects with a team of engineers
- Cover critical code with automation and testing
- Participate in grooming meetings, shaping the future of the product
Who you are:
- You have strong communication and collaboration skills
- 5+ years of relevant technical experience working in software engineering
- Strong background in Ruby/Rails
- Experience working with and scaling relational DB, such as MySQL or Postgres
- Bonus points for exposure to or worked with Redis, Elasticsearch, GraphQL, Redshift, Docker
- Bonus points for strong background working with AWS, or similar infrastructure
- Bonus points for experience with Elixir / Phoenix
Perks at findhelp
•401k & stock options
•Free food and onsite gym at our Austin HQ and
•Discounted gym memberships
•Paid parental leave
•Competitive PTO & 10 paid holidays
•Health, dental, and vision insurance
•Pet-friendly office with attached dog park at our Austin HQ
•24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling
•Book Purchasing Program
•Tuition Program for Curation
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome here. We want everyone to be able to easily connect to the help they need, and we want our teams to reflect and represent our communities.
Here are some of the ways we support our staff:
•Leadership Development Training
•Paid Volunteering Time