Director, Platform Engineering
Published on March 24, 2023
Founded in 2015 by former NSA cyber operators, Huntress was built on a simple premise: to force hackers to earn every inch of their access. Today’s cyber-attacks aren’t limited to large organizations with the security tools that can ward off threats. Hackers don't discriminate and will find a way to penetrate any vulnerability in any size business. Huntress enables IT providers and resellers to stop hidden threats that sneak past preventive security tools. Through a combination of expert human threat hunters, a comprehensive platform, and a desire to make the world a safer place, we’re working to deliver cybersecurity to the 99%—those small to midsize businesses that make up the backbone of our economy. Join the hunt and help us stop hackers in their tracks!
- Deliver great products, helping your teams balance delivery with long term product health.
- Hire and coach engineering managers who build and run great teams
- Help drive the technical roadmap and best practices for SRE, DevOps, and our Managed Security Platform.
- Identify opportunities and problems and develop and implement improvements to the system of how we work
- Partner with the other engineering and product leaders to ensure our teams and technology are in sync and meet customer needs
- Collaborate with with Huntress’s Threat Operations team to integrate their expertise and needs into our products
- At least seven years experience in engineering leadership building SaaS products in a modern SaaS environment, At least three years of those at the director level or higher.
- Experience with and knowledge of best practices for site reliability engineering and developer experience.
- Deep understanding of organizing engineering teams to iteratively deliver customer value, and experience with a variety of approaches such as hypothesis-driven development, Shape Up, Scrum, Kanban, and plan-build-ship.
- Skilled at hiring, building teams, leading and coaching managers, and performance management
- Demonstrated success working with product management leaders to develop a shared product and technical vision
- Helpful but not required: experience in a fully remote environment, experience working with both on-premise agents and web applications (Ruby on Rails).
- 100% remote work environment - since our founding in 2015
- Generous paid time off policy including vacation, sick time, and paid holidays
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Highly competitive and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits plans
- 401(k) with 5% contribution regardless of employee contribution
- Life and Disability insurance plans
- Stock options for all full-time employees
- One-time $500 stipend to build/upgrade home office
- Annual allowance for education and professional development assistance
- $75 USD/month digital reimbursement
- Access to both Udemy and BetterUp platforms for coaching, personal, and professional growth