Mid level Backend Engineer - Ruby
Published on April 13, 2023
Adjust is the industry leader in mobile measurement and fraud prevention. The globally operating company provides high-quality analytics, measurement and fraud prevention solutions for mobile app marketers worldwide, enabling them to make smarter, faster marketing decisions. In total, more than 25,000 apps have implemented Adjust’s solutions to improve their performance. Founded in 2012, today Adjust has global offices in Berlin, New York, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Paris, London, Moscow, Istanbul, Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing, Tokyo, Tel Aviv, Mumbai and Singapore.
Adjust is the mobile marketing analytics platform trusted by growth-driven marketers around the world, with solutions for measuring and optimizing campaigns and protecting user data. Adjust powers thousands of apps with built-in intelligence and automation, backed by responsive global customer support.
Adjust is a subsidiary of AppLovin (Nasdaq: APP), the leading growth platform for developers.
As a Backend Engineer (Ruby), you will be mainly responsible for the development and maintenance of our backend services of the Dashboard platform. You will be focusing on Ruby and Elixir microservices as well as working with monolith Rails applications. You will be given a lot of freedom to explore, design and architect client-facing applications in an environment that rewards quality-oriented work, transparency and creativity. The Dashboard team has complete ownership of the development process as well as direct impact on our product, user experience and technology choices.
- Design, develop, improve and maintain Rails applications and microservices
- Influence the future architecture of the Dashboard platform
- Build RESTful APIs to support our front end team
- Integrate 3rd party services such as Facebook and Google
- Take care of error handling and fixing real bugs on production
- Take ownership of the system health, monitoring and performance
- Follow best practices (e.g. test driven development, refactoring and continuous integration to ensure high code quality and fast deployment)
What you bring:
- 3+ years of experience in Ruby, Ruby on Rails, RSpec and REST
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes to build and deploy microservices
- Experience working with SQL/NoSQL databases, in-memory data stores and queues
- Great team player who loves to share knowledge and support colleagues within the team and the company
Nice to have:
- PostgreSQL, Redis, Kafka and Aerospike experience are a plus
- Familiarity with Elixir or Golang is a plus
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to make an impact on the ad-tech industry working for a forward-thinking leader in the space
- International, diverse teams with a strong focus on transparency, feedback and fun
- Education opportunities for ongoing professional development & continuous learning
- Company onboarding program like no other, where you’ll learn the ins-and-outs of our product
- Flexible work from home policy and vacation policy
- Childcare program (Berlin only), paid parental leave
- Additional private health insurance
- Company Pension Plan with 40% employer contribution
- Discounted Gym Membership with Urban Sports Club
- Free annual BVG transportation ticket
- Wellbeing support with qualified therapists
- WFH program with remote online events (workouts, coffee chats, team events, games, etc.)
- Relocation package and visa assistance for you and your family
More details about our company culture and perks can be found on our career page.
Interested? Let's Talk!