Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack - AI (Remote Eligible)
Published on May 01, 2023
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Regardless of role, team members are driven, entrepreneurial, and committed to making an impact by turning great ideas into action.
Smartsheet exists to empower anyone to drive meaningful change. We are known for our innovation in collaboration, workflow and digital asset management Software as a Service (SaaS). Our Digital Asset Management platform enables thousands of well-known brand creators to organize and share content that help our customers tell stronger brand stories to the world. See a product overview demo and our plan to use generative AI to enable our customers to be more productive.
Our team rewards ownership, collaboration, and iterative progress. We are curious, empathetic and humble. We are eager to learn, grow, improve and celebrate accomplishments. We embrace opportunities to share feedback. We face challenges as a team and work together to solve them.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to our Engineering Manager and you may work remotely from anywhere in the US where Smartsheet is a registered employer.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer I with a passion for incorporating data and AI into SaaS products. You have a solid foundation in modern web application development at enterprise scale and have demonstrated technical leadership. Senior Software Engineer II candidates are encouraged to apply and adjustments to the role will be made as appropriate.
- Create UI/UX for AI powered image modification and generation features in our product that enable customers to efficiently create new image and video assets from their existing assets
- Collaborate with UX designers, product managers and engineers to create delightful user experiences and to provide expertise on the realm of technical possibilities
- Provide front-end technical leadership for the content management data team consisting of data, ML and software engineers
- Identify and leverage libraries and techniques for image manipulation, including WebAssembly and WebGL
- Identify and leverage libraries and techniques for charting, dashboards and data visualizations that deliver insights to our customers within our product
- Develop efficient, modular code and UI components and participate in the entire agile development life cycle from concept to release
- Participate in code reviews and contribute to architectural decisions
- Mentor junior engineers on code quality and other industry best practices
- Be able to deploy to production multiple times a day
- Support data and insights delivery through the data warehouse, web applications, API and reporting
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience, or equivalent
- Ruby on Rails or Python back-end code maintenance experience
- Comfortable querying databases using SQL
- Experience building Single Page Applications at scale
- Experience writing asynchronous code that communicates with multiple service endpoints
- Unit, integration and end to end testing experience
- Continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) experience
- Strong ability to identify and evaluate technology and its fitness as a solution for customer problems
- Ability and desire to work independently, as well as, in collaboration with others
- A growth mindset and passion for learning new technologies
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Eligibility to legally work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Smartsheet provides a competitive range of compensation for roles that may be hired in different geographic areas we are licensed to operate our business from. Actual compensation is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, level of professional, educational experience, skills, and specific candidate location. In addition, this role will be eligible for a market competitive bonus and RSU stock grant upon accepted offer. California & New York: $145,800 to $210,600 | All other US States: $135,000 to $195,000.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Costa Rica, and Germany. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!