Staff Software Engineer, Payments
Published on October 12, 2023
The trucking and logistics industry provides the backbone of the economy. But the payments infrastructure on which it runs is broken. For the hard-working men and women of this sector, the existing suite of payment tools is outdated, difficult to use, prone to fraud, and saddled with shady fee structures. The incumbent players in this space often overlook the economic and practical needs of this user base. We're changing that. AtoB is building Stripe for Transportation — modernizing the payments infrastructure for trucking and logistics. Supply chains rely on the timely movement of capital to function efficiently. Our end game is a world in which that capital movement occurs fairly, smoothly, and without delay. As we pursue that end game, we aim to center our customers in every way — offering them world-class customer experience and building products that work with and around the unique constraints of their daily lives. We build for fleet managers in the office and drivers on the road. We strive for products that are efficient, satisfying, and useful. Our customers enable our modern economy — they deserve it.
- Help build the platform that will shape how AtoB moves money at scale.
- Deliver innovative financial products and services to businesses rapidly and iteratively.
- Improve core money systems including accounting, ledgers, statements and settlement.
- Design, build and maintain APIs, services, and systems across AtoB's product suite.
- Integrate with various external and internal systems and manage complex customer and money flows.
- Make payments more reliable, reduce transaction costs for everyone, and help trucking businesses be successful.
- Have 7+ years of experience building B2B or B2C SaaS products, preferably in fintech or the financial services domain including accounting or payments systems, preferably with Ruby or similar high-level languages.
- Have solid experience in designing large-scale and complex systems that delivered critical impact to the business.
- Are self-motivated and relentlessly focused on delivering business value.
- Enjoy thinking about systems and their life cycles, edge cases, interactions, and failure modes.
- Strong sense of ownership and enjoy working on projects end-to-end in a fast-paced, high autonomy environment.
- Bay Area compensation offered for all US and Canadian based employees.
- Practically endless interesting problems and autonomy to solve them.
- We are a remote-first company.
- We offer competitive and comprehensive benefits along with unlimited PTO and 401(K) match.